“Poor customer service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conch Republic Divers

Conch Republic Divers
Ranked #4 of 25 Tours in Tavernier
More attraction details
Owner description: Conch Republic Divers offers primarily private and semiprivate instruction. We do not try to be the fastest around or the cheapest-especially for the basic open water class. It is our approach that you get scuba certified once and you might as well do it right!That said, I believe our price is competitive. At the end of your course you will have a dive table and a log book. Our instructors are patient and thorough and have been diving for years.After scuba diving you'll also like our private warm water showers with dressing area. Plus dedicated internet access for checking your email.Come join our captains and crew and let us provide you with a scuba diving adventure while enjoying other activities the Florida Keys has to offer. Staying in Key Largo or Islamorada, Tavernier is only a few miles to go to have some of the best scuba diving while in the Florida Keys.
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went diving with Conch at the end of December 2012. We had a great guide named Mike who was required because my dive buddy was not Advanced certified and we were doing a deep dive to a wreck. The crew on the boat, however, failed to provide normal service to me as a client. There was something going on with the captain; he was in bad mood or something. He would not answer a question that Mike asked him on the way to our dive site. When I entered the water I had a problem with my mask, so I could not submerge until I corrected it, which I was trying to do at the buoy in front of the boat. The mate, Jason, asked me what was going on, I told him, and he told me to come back to the rear of the boat. I thought he was going to assist me, but he told me that I could not dive, because my group was already gone. I found out much later (on my way to my car) that my guide Mike had come back to get me at the front of the boat, but was told by the captain to go on without me. I also found out that there were spare masks on the boat that they could have given me. When I spoke to the Brenda in the office about all of this, she did nothing but take the side of the lazy crew, and claimed it was a safety issue because Mike could not have left my buddy to wait for me. But he already had done that, and assured me that I could have made the dive if the crew had been willing to help me with my mask issue. They did not even offer to give me any credit toward another dive in the future, which was really the final & ultimate failure.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Rich_Hale_213

Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Terrific Dive Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and son went diving with Conch Republic over spring break. (I had to work.) My wife had not been on a dive since spring break last year, so she was a little worried about how rusty she might be, even on a shallow reef dive. After they got back from diving, my wife called me on the phone with rave reviews of their experience with Conch Republic (and she asked me to post about it on tripadvisor). She said they went out on the boat with Adrian (the captain) and Kurt. She said both were very friendly -- and Kurt was particularly helpful as she was preparing to dive. Unfortunately, due to high winds, they were only able to dive on one day of their trip so they did not get to do their planned wreck dive. But we'll be going back to the Keys for more diving in the future, and I'm sure we'll use Conch Republic again since she was so pleased with this experience.

Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I decided to go through Conch Republic to do my open water certification and it was the best decision! Jason was my instructor, and I couldn't ask for a better experience! He was professional and courteous and made the whole process a lot of fun. I also got to see some pretty amazing and gorgeous stuff while I was down there (ask to dive Molasses!! gorgeous!!)
The boat is one of the best ones we saw out on the Keys, and their prices are right on par. My boyfriend, who is a fairly seasoned diver was diving with me and said that it was the best dive outfits that he has yet to experience. highly recommend!

Visited February 2013
Atlanta, GA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic dive...great personal service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was only our 3rd and 4th dive since being certified so we paid a minimal fee to have a dive master go with us and boy was it worth it. We had Don and he was WONDERFUL!!!! We dove the wreck of the Eagle and Crocker Reef. He was a great teacher on both (which I felt was above and beyond) and pointed out so many things to us newbies we would have missed. It really made the experience totally stress free for us and we were able to enjoy every minute. Even though there were several other experienced divers on the boat he was there just for us and he really did focus on us and was not distracted. I was totally impressed! The whole operation there was top notch and we will definitely use them again when we visit the keys for diving...which we plan to and hopefully soon! Thanks Don and Conch Republic for a great day diving!!!!

Visited February 2013
The Dunes, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great service, GREAT diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We lucked out with these guys because there were only three of us on the boat that day, so service was that much more personal and attentive. Captain Clint was a nice guy and helped me switch over my gear after the first dive so I could get warm. It was a chilly 62F that morning. We saw some great sea life on the sites he took us too, including two nurse sharks and three huge green morays! I would definitely recommend them and go there again to dive the reefs off Pennekamp.

Visited January 2013