“Excellent Food”

Old Tavernier Restaurant-Lounge
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Tavernier
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving the upper keys community for 30 years Old Tavernier Restaurant offers its guest visiting for the first time or welcoming back our local guest back again a warm, safe and friendly place to enjoy the casual flavor of our lounge or the back patio overlooking the marina to our white table clothed dining area, but casual dress is fine!. We offer an international menu that includes the areas best pizza to Prime beef and fresh regional seafood. Offering a full menu until 11:00 pm on Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Great food and athmosphere a bit pricey but its a fncy retraunt so you would expect that great food and service.

Reviewed July 6, 2009

Fabulous for the entire family.....from the appetizers to the salads, main courses and dessert, we were blown away. All four of us had something different (Prime Rib, Yellowtail Snapper Almondine, Shrimp Scampi and a Pasta with many types of fish and a luscious gorgonzola sauce), and each was better than the next. The service was great, and we were well attended to. We will certainly visit again when in the Keys.

Reviewed June 11, 2009

This place is wonderful!!! We arrived early for dinner and were the first to be seated in the dining room. We were attended to by a fun waiter, whose name escapes me now. He told us about the specials, explained things I didn't understand and was sweet to our daughter. We chose Mushroom Neptune as an appetizer...yummy! My husband ordered Shrimp Scampi which he said was fantastic, I tasted it and I agree! My daughter asked for spaghetti and a meatball and ate every bite. The kind waiter returned with more sauce and another meatball for her. As he set it down, he looked at her and asked if she wanted more bread, because he could read it in her eyes. I had Prime Rib that was HUGE! It was delicious with a healthy portion of veggies and a potato. My daughter wanted dessert, so she ordered chocolate cake, luckily, she couldn't finish it, but we couldn't offer much help as we were stuffed! Lovely place, will return next time we are in the Keys.

Reviewed June 2, 2009

Had dinner here many, many times and have never been disappointed. Monday night was the lamb chop special that is so good falling off the bone tender. 5 in the party had a mix of seafood and beef and everybody left fat and happy.

Service with a smile, fully stocked bar and wine list and extremely well prepared food. Whats not to like about that?

On a small canal surrounded by mangrove so the view isn't all that but I go for the well prepared meals in a intimate surroundings. Been dining there on and off season for 5 years and have never been dissatisfied in the least.

Reviewed May 6, 2009

Planning a trip to Key Largo, FL to get away from the whole work and school life, my friends and myself decided to go out to a nice restaurant. We went to the Old Tavernier on May 5th, 2009. My server Robert was one of the best server we had. The menu selection was small and the food was overpriced, yet I did not mind because this was a special occasion. I left giving the server a 20% tip which was a decent amount, mind the total bill was in the three digits and nothing out of the ordinary was expected for the service. Next day i check my bank account and come to find out the server had a sticky finger. He gave himself a nice tip, 45% of the total bill. I was outraged. I called the restaurant and spoke to the manager. She told me that this happens regularly and the fault was actually the credit card company. First of all the credit company does not input the number and second of all, they say that this happens regularly? Really? Do they really expect me to believe this? Please be reconsider going to a different restaurant.

1  Thank secretaznbo1
OldTavernier, manager at Old Tavernier Restaurant-Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2009

We would like to apologize for the mistake that happened with your card. However, I would like to know if the problem was resolved as I said it would be? We are not known to "rip off" our customers, and again we apologize if that is how you felt.