“Great pizza”

Old Tavernier Restaurant-Lounge
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Tavernier
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving the upper keys community for 30 years Old Tavernier Restaurant offers its guest visiting for the first time or welcoming back our local guest back again a warm, safe and friendly place to enjoy the casual flavor of our lounge or the back patio overlooking the marina to our white table clothed dining area, but casual dress is fine!. We offer an international menu that includes the areas best pizza to Prime beef and fresh regional seafood. Offering a full menu until 11:00 pm on Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Ate dinner here the first night in town! Great food......ordered pizza in the lounge another night..it was AMAZING!

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in without a reservation but we were given a very nice table on the balcony on the back looking at a small cove with some ships on it. The waiter arrived promptly and I asked him for a bottle of wine. More than 30 minutes went by and No waiter. I was ready to leave, my wife and I had already made plans to do so when the waiter showed up with the wine. I asked him why did it take so long and in a not very customer friendly was "because I have to take care of other tables. " perhaps because we were in the balcony and he also had tables inside it took so long but there's no reason to make customers wait 30 minutes for get a bottle of wine. I ordered oysters, which I love very much, and I found them to be in the middle size, nothing great The food overall is very good however this service has a lot to improve.

1  Thank Josebsan
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stopped in to have dinner tonight. The parking lot was full and that is always a good sign. We went in and noticed a noisy atmosphere. We waited for a few minutes, but a pleasant hostess came up and found us a table and we had menus in hand and within a few minutes, a young man was pouring water into our glasses.

And that’s when our invisibility cloak was turned on. As we sat and watched several parties sat around us with waiters explaining the menus and taking drink orders, no one notices us or talks to us. What we needed was one of those waiters like the kid Cole Sear in movie; The Sixth Sense, who could see dead customers as that is how we felt.

After looking at each other for twenty minutes, we get up and walked out and none of the waiters or hostess batted an eye as we walked out? Does this happen often for them?

Never again!

3  Thank jodythecat
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We were treated very nicely when we arrived, but a little confusing walking through the bar to the restaurant. Waiter and bus boy were in a state of constant conflict as the bus boy was a little slow on the uptake. The waiter steered my wife and I away from our initial choices and we were very satisfied with our meals. We were,however ,unimpressed with the ny prices! Overall......good not great in performance! Overall....service was good to excellent! Overall.....overpriced!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Need that special occasion place while in the Keys? I found it! Real linen tablecloths and napkins. Cozy and relaxing. Dressy casual. View of boats docked. Food and service excellent. Do not recommend this place for small children.