“Nice Restaurant, nice Terrasse”

Old Tavernier Restaurant-Lounge
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Tavernier
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving the upper keys community for 30 years Old Tavernier Restaurant offers its guest visiting for the first time or welcoming back our local guest back again a warm, safe and friendly place to enjoy the casual flavor of our lounge or the back patio overlooking the marina to our white table clothed dining area, but casual dress is fine!. We offer an international menu that includes the areas best pizza to Prime beef and fresh regional seafood. Offering a full menu until 11:00 pm on Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were at the Old Tavernier and needed a table for 6. We were guided through the Bar area to the Dining room. As we have been told, that the Old Tavernier has good Pizzas, we were surprised, that there were only pretty expensive meals on the Menue. After we asked for the Pizza, we could change our table to the bar. (Unfortunately, we only realised after the dinner, that there would have been a wonderful terrasse facing the ocean.) The server did not really like us - probably cause she wanted us to eat at the "dining room". Well, Pizza was good - One big and one medium for 5 Persons was not much, but enough for sportive active families. One of us took a Lasagne. Well, wonder, what recipe they took: Never had a Lasagne without Béchamel Sauce, but Egg instead. (Actually it was not easy to define, but our chef ment, it was egg.
Well, guess, there's better places to eat in Tavernier. But we realized, that the barmaid was very friendly to her guests. Unfortunately, we did not have her to serve us....

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This restaurant is fabulous - phenomenal food and great service, with an intimate atmosphere. The restaurant bills itself as 'waterfront', but the waterfront is actually a canal. However, it is a romantic white-tablecloth restaurant. The calamari appetizer is large and flavorful, pasta dishes are wonderful, but the restaurant really shines in its preparation of fish - both whole and filleted. Service is very attentive, but not pushy. This is our go-to spot for special occasions!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Lovely location, excellent food and good service. I always recommend this place to all my customers and none of them have been ever disappointed. All the dishes I have tried are good but the chicken alfredo pizza is one of my favorites "just delicious".I encourage to give this restaurant a try you won't be disappointed either. One of the best in the Upper Keys.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We went here based on the advice of a friend who comes on a regular basis. We arrived at the bar and asked for a table for 7. As we waited for the rest of our party to arrive we ordered drinks. The bartender was very pleasant and gave us great service. When the rest of our group arrived, we were seated in the dining room. One couple in our group had been there in the past and wanted to order the Pizza. Well the server informed us the pizza is not served in the dining room, only the bar area. We were never asked where we wanted to sit or what we would be eating. The staff did move us to the bar area and we were given the same menu as the dining room. The pizza is not on the menu among some other items such as salads they have. I think they just want you to order the higher priced and average entrees. I will give this place another try but will stay in the bar area with the more reasonably priced "secret" menu if I can find it.

1  Thank Renee2851
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I visited Old Tavernier and sat at the bar and had a glass of wine and a few appetizers. They were delicious. I had the beef carpaccio (my favorite) and shrimp and scallops neptune. The bar staff was super friendly and food was amazing. You can tell its definitely a locals place, if the locals hang out there is must be good and it was. It is my new favorite hang out!