“Off shore fishing”

Capt Petrucco Charter Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: I am a fishing charter captain in the Florida Keys. I fish in the Gulf of Mexico, Florida Bay, Everglades National Park, John Pennekamp reef, and the Atlantic Ocean in Key Largo, Tavernier, and Islamorada Florida. I am fully licensed and insured. I have been fishing the Florida Keys waters since 2002. I have the knowledge and specialized techniques that consistently put more fish in the box. I have been fishing professionally in many different rivers, lakes and oceans all across North America from Alaska and Northern Canada to the Great Lakes and Atlantic Ocean. I have guided Fly fishermen for trout, salmon and char in Alaska and the tributaries of all of the Great Lakes in Michigan and Canada. I have guided in the Canadian shield lakes in northern Ontario. I have run charter boats in Lake Erie, Lake Huron, Lake Ontario, and Lake Michigan. All of this experience comes to play every trip out as conditions are constantly changing. I have a big tank of experience to draw from. Most importantly, fishing is not just a job for me, it is my PASSION!
Aspen, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Off shore fishing”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Had the pleasure of spending a weekend on captain petrucco's vessel last week. In two days we learned a great deal about fishing in the big water. We caught about 50 fish each day including snapper, tuna, barracuda, shark, skip jack, tarpon, and mahi mahi. We rarely went more than ten minutes without a fish. Not only was he knowledgable but very funny as well. I cannot wait to book him again

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Craig F

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Incredible every time!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have had some of my most exciting and memorable fishing trips ever with Captain Joe Petrucco.  His enthusiasm for the sport matches no one, and it’s contagious to all who fish with him.  The best part about fishing with captain Joe is his style of fishing.  Most offshore captains troll all day, which can get quite boring.  Not with Captain Joe, he hunts all day and uses all styles and techniques when fishing.  From jigging over the humps, to pitching bait at Dolphins, snapper and grouper fishing down below, or throwing plugs at Tuna, you name it he does it!  A day offshore with Captain Joe Petrucco is a day you will never forget, I highly recommend him and can’t wait to get back on his boat!

-Will Reynolds
Greenwich, CT

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Reynolds019
Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Guanranteed to catch”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have fished with Joe since 2007 and have never been disappointed. I love talking about fishing wiht him as I am a fanatical fisherman myself. Every year he will have new things for us to try. He knows his sports (game fish, reef fish, deep water, etc). It Sounds funny but one of my favourite parts of the fishing trips with Joe is catching live bait. The live bait form the basis of your day (obviously). His casting of that huge net always impresses me. And to see the net full of cigar minnows come up to the surface makes me veru excited because I know the day will be good. I have never caught more fish with anyone else. Most of all however - and this is what fishing is all about - Joe knows his stuff and loves to tell fishing tales that alll real fishermen can truely appreciate. He is also always willing to try some of my own ideas. And let me ask you: When you say "Can we catch a Hog Fish today?" and he goes out and delivers!!!! That's cool. Whenever I am in the Keys I fish with Joe.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dutch68
Battle Creek, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“will do it again”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have fished with Joe several times over the last few years, I keep going back as the results are usally quite good. Really puts his energy into providing a good time. I will be back and do it again.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank hyflyr41
Owosso
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tough conditions, huge effort”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I booked a trip with Joe to go out to the Humps for tuna and dolphin. From my first conversation with him in Jan/Feb, I knew he was our guy. Very friendly, confidence without arrogance. We met him early on 19APR to go catch bait. Unfortunately the bait was not cooperating. However, I could tell that it would be a good day by how much effort he was putting into acquiring bait. He shifted to plan B and we hammered our way 33 miles out. Having fished the humps as a kid, I was not sure how difficult the day would be with a 25mph wind. Joe's boat handled it with no issues. We got to the humps, Joe found birds, dropped lines and we were hooked up. Amy and I had a blast with blackfin and skipjack. After a few hours and the fishing slowed, I suggested we go back inside and try for some muttons. Done. We rolled back in and put a nice mutton in the boat within minutes. Joe called his friend down the reef who was crushing sailfish, so we hammered down there and put the kite out. Two sails came in but did not take. However, the bonito that came with them ate everything. At one time there was not a rod that did not have a fish on it. Amy's last bonito was about 30 pounds. Great way to end the day. Bottom line: Joe never stopped working to put us on fish. If Amy or I made a mistake, he never lost his composure (rare for captains who love fishing). I plan on fishing next spring with Joe to spearfish grouper/snapper with my wife. Joe is a versatile guy who can meet the needs of varied clients. You will not end the day feeling like your money was not well spent.

Visited April 2013