“Tough conditions, huge effort”

Capt Petrucco Charter Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: I am a fishing charter captain in the Florida Keys. I fish in the Gulf of Mexico, Florida Bay, Everglades National Park, John Pennekamp reef, and the Atlantic Ocean in Key Largo, Tavernier, and Islamorada Florida. I am fully licensed and insured. I have been fishing the Florida Keys waters since 2002. I have the knowledge and specialized techniques that consistently put more fish in the box. I have been fishing professionally in many different rivers, lakes and oceans all across North America from Alaska and Northern Canada to the Great Lakes and Atlantic Ocean. I have guided Fly fishermen for trout, salmon and char in Alaska and the tributaries of all of the Great Lakes in Michigan and Canada. I have guided in the Canadian shield lakes in northern Ontario. I have run charter boats in Lake Erie, Lake Huron, Lake Ontario, and Lake Michigan. All of this experience comes to play every trip out as conditions are constantly changing. I have a big tank of experience to draw from. Most importantly, fishing is not just a job for me, it is my PASSION!
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I booked a trip with Joe to go out to the Humps for tuna and dolphin. From my first conversation with him in Jan/Feb, I knew he was our guy. Very friendly, confidence without arrogance. We met him early on 19APR to go catch bait. Unfortunately the bait was not cooperating. However, I could tell that it would be a good day by how much effort he was putting into acquiring bait. He shifted to plan B and we hammered our way 33 miles out. Having fished the humps as a kid, I was not sure how difficult the day would be with a 25mph wind. Joe's boat handled it with no issues. We got to the humps, Joe found birds, dropped lines and we were hooked up. Amy and I had a blast with blackfin and skipjack. After a few hours and the fishing slowed, I suggested we go back inside and try for some muttons. Done. We rolled back in and put a nice mutton in the boat within minutes. Joe called his friend down the reef who was crushing sailfish, so we hammered down there and put the kite out. Two sails came in but did not take. However, the bonito that came with them ate everything. At one time there was not a rod that did not have a fish on it. Amy's last bonito was about 30 pounds. Great way to end the day. Bottom line: Joe never stopped working to put us on fish. If Amy or I made a mistake, he never lost his composure (rare for captains who love fishing). I plan on fishing next spring with Joe to spearfish grouper/snapper with my wife. Joe is a versatile guy who can meet the needs of varied clients. You will not end the day feeling like your money was not well spent.

1  Thank Mike D

Reviewed April 22, 2013

A picture is worth a thousand words. 10 Wahoo (all over 40 pounds) and about 25 dolphin plus some great bottom fishing. His Seahunter 40 is the nicest charter boat in the Keys.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Joe made me cry UNCLE.... I have fished all of my life. I grew up on Long Island owned a boat for many years.. I have fished all over the US. Capt. Joe is the best. You can look at all the pretty boats, listen to all the fish stories, and pretty much fish with any body on the Keys, but hands down and without no BS Capt. Joe is the best.

I have fished with Capt Joe for the last few years and he always produced fish. When I go with Joe it's called Catching..

Like I said there are a lot of boats and stories but this last trip was the Killer....Capt. Joe made me cry UNCLE a 90lb Amber jack a Bull Shark, a Lemon Shark, I can not count the amount of tune we caught 15- 20 ? No story FACT. The man is phenomenal.
He is a great family man and teacher..

I could go on and on but you will find out yourself when you fish with Capt. Joe Petrucco.

1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have fished Captian Petrucco for over 5 years. I have never been disappointed with the results we get when we charter him. His passion and knowledge is what I feel separates him from the other guides we've chartered in the past. I have personally improved on many techniques from him that has helped me land bigger quality fish.

The bottom line is Joe has the it factor when it comes to fishing. He alway seems to know what type of fish that are running and where to find them. Very little time is wasted at unproductive spots.

Also running a charter on his 40 foot Seahunter is a treat as well. The boat handles like a dream. and is very comfortable.
When he says "grab some silver people" you better hold on, the boat moves. He doesn't waste any time locating his target.

1  Thank jessetamiadalia
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have fished with capt joe 5 times in the last 3 years and have never been disappointed he is passionate about his job and he goes out of his way to get the best possible bait for whatever kind of fishing you want to do.capt joe is hi energy and has a great personality.he uses the best equipment and his boat is fishing machine.