“Nice guys, nice business” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Micro-Brewery Biking Tour of Islamorada
Tavernier, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice guys, nice business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was my first time renting a bike, but I was quite satisfied with Key Largo Bike & Adventure Tours. I wanted to rent a road bike to two weeks. The shop was terrific. I met Mark, Fitz and Joe. All quite nice. They gave me a pretty new road bike (Jamis brand with carbon fiber fork) equipped with a bag containing a spare tube, patch kit, pump canister, and tire irons; all I would realistically need, but fortunately, I didn't need any of it. They also gave me a helmut and pump. They had offered to put on my pedals, but I just had them put a shoe cage on the crank. When I arrived, they adjusted the size (seat and handle bars) to me, and I was ready to take off. (I did forget my bike computer, so I had to buy one to record my distance and speed). I also rented a bike for my daughter. They threw that in for a nominal fee (it was an old bike, but fine for my purposes). And, they delivered the two bikes to me. Riding was great--every day, I just rode south (I don't think there was a bike lane near the shop but a mile away, once you cross into Plantation Key (where I stayed), there's a bike lane and the Old Oveseas Highway to give a beautiful 10 mile ride (I returned after 10 miles, but they routinely run century rides to Key West (and drive riders back). I had a great time--I'll look them up again when I return to the area.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Dawn S
Islamoradasports, Owner at Key Largo Bike Tour and Adventure, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you. We really try to be more than just a bike shop. We provide not only great quality bike rentals, but we provide tours, information for the best cycling places and things to do by bike in our community.

Sedona, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Florida Keys Century (Bicycle) Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have done 2 fully supported Century rides to Key West through Key Largo Bike Tour and Adventure and it was 2 of the best bicycling experiences/adventures ever!!!!
No better way to see the FL Keys in my opinion. Full support including an amazing lunch stop at the 7 mile Bridge!
The guys at the bike shop are GREAT and while I didn't know all the people riding each ride we all became friends along the way.
So either by yourself or with a group of your friends if you love bicycle riding and have always wanted to ride a Century ride, Key Largo Bike Tours and the ride to Key West are the people to do it with.
Would make an awesome Birthday present (or other) for someone that loves to ride :O)
I will be doing this ride again with these guys for sure!!!
Bucket list ride for sure!

Visited February 2012
3 Thank ozzitap
Thank you so much. We really pride ourselves on our Century Tours. We know the roads, best time of the year for these type of rides. We also provide top rate SAG support and we love cycling and the Keys and I think it shows. We are looking forward to you coming back in December for our Reunion Century Ride. Let people know we do these Century tours for private groups too and also logistical support for outside groups and tours.