“Outstanding experience”

Florida Keys Flats Fishing
Ranked #6 of 26 Tours in Tavernier
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello and welcome to Florida Keys Shallow Water Flats Fishing. Are you ready to fish the gin clear flats of Islamorada, Key Largo and the Everglades in the Florida Keys? Come on down! I'm an amicable and patient guide who will work hard to make your day on the water a success. I have lived and fished in the Keys for over 30 years and have been guiding fisherman just like you on the flats of the Florida Keys for over 20 of those years. Whether you choose to fish for tailing bonefish and redfish or giant tarpon, I assure you an enjoyable, interesting and exciting day in the Florida Keys. Though I primarily sight fish for these gamefish, we can fish for easier targets as well if your skills are not as high as your expectations. For the novice fisherman, I'll provide friendly fly fishing or light spinning tackle instruction. For the accomplished angler I can help to fine tune your casting skills. Expert? Our game fish should provide quite the thrill and challenge you're looking for.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Barry,
Reference our trips with you May 27 and 28th: Despite the tough winds and two West Virginians proving to all present that we were out of our element, we had an outstanding experience. Your friendly professionalism shone brightly on our outings. We enjoyed getting to know you, and your Keys.
We will be back! Fly-fishing in the Keys is like a drug, can't wait to do it again.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Captain Barry took me and my two boys, ages 7 and 11, out fishing. He was a great guide and shared a lot of knowledge and tips with us. He took us to a great redfish spot where we some many tailing, but we just weren't skilled or lucky enough to land one. So, we headed to some easier fishing more fit for their age and caught shark, jack, ladyfish, catfish, trout and more! My boys were catching fish every cast. Had a wonderful day!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

On a recent family vacation my two young sons and I were able to slip away from the rest of the family for a trip with Captain Barry Hoffman from Flats Guide Service. Before the trip even began Barry was very accommodating to us. Based on the weather forecast, I was concerned about the possibility of bad weather. Barry offered to either start later or take us on another day if the weather were too bad. Turns out the forecast was wrong and we were off on our adventure. Barry was extremely patient with the boys explaining every step of the way and answering a never ending stream of questions. Barry tailored the trip for the necessary action to keep the boys interested. We all caught trout, Jacks Crevalle's and Snapper on both spinning gear and fly rods. Barry gave both boys fly casting lessons and extended the trip beyond the agreed upon time so they both caught fish on the fly. I lost count but the boys kept track and we caught and release over 100 fish in the half day trip. Barry was an excellent tour guide and pointed out many interesting facts about the Everglades. We were able to spot many exotic birds in the mangroves and were treated to a visit by three Manatee's. I would highly recommend Barry for your future trip.

1  Thank Ken W
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I spent a couple of days fly-fishing for redfish with Barry. He is the hardest working guide I have ever known and a pleasure to spend time with. He put me on dozens of fish, worked with me on my casting, and exposed me to the beautiful backcountry of Florida Bay. His calm, affable nature guarantees an enjoyable day of fishing. He is simply superb. I look forward to fishing with him again.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have been coming to the Keys to Fly-fish for 10 years and have had several good Guides.
Barry is at the top of my list! Barry works hard to get you into Fish, and will TEACH NOT CRITICIZE if needed. His calm nature and years of experience make it a day of great fishing !
First time out with Barry my Friend caught his first Red Fish in the back country and next day I caught a nice Tarpon on the Oceanside! Great Trip!

flatsguide, Owner at Florida Keys Flats Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Enjoyed the days with you Lyle and Ed! A pleasure to fish with folks who care about the environment and enjoy the outdoors as much as myself! Looking forward to fishing with you again!