“Was not disappointed with Ocean Pointe”

Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
Reviewed July 6, 2007

I was really curious what I would find at Ocean Pointe, after reading reviews on here. It was the usual, some hated it, some loved it, etc. etc. I was very happy with everything about Ocean Pointe. We were there in mid March with my family, 2 young children, husband and in-laws. Our condo was awesome, it had a spectacular view of the water, it was like we were on a ship with a balcony, but the ship didn't move. The pool was awesome as it was heated, since it was breezy most of the time we were there. The breakfasts were fine, I'm not a big breakfast person so I'm not too picky. The condo was very clean and we had no problems. We cooked out by the beach on our last afternoon and had "cheeseburgers in paradise", that was really great! I would recommend this place to anyone. We would stay there again. I also liked the location that it was between Islamorada and Key Largo.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank kmoyer
Write a ReviewReviews (2,373)

Reviewed July 1, 2007

This was a great condo, Not a resort!!!! If that is what you are looking for then you will be disappointed. Very nice grounds and the condos were much better than I expected. We are active people, we woke up cooked out own breakfest and were gone by 9 pm. every morning.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed June 26, 2007

The room was nice. All the appliances worked and the room was clean and well appointed.

The staff were not at all friendly. One staff member out of twenty that we interacted with made us feel welcome. We spent 159 per night for three nights and will not return. The staff needs to change or learn how their salaries are generated. My understanding of the place is that they were full. If this is the case all the time then I guess they do not have to be nice?

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2007

After searching the internet for an affordable hotel room in the upper keys area, i was suprised to find a condo cheaper than most of the single rooms in the area. When we arrived and saw our lodgings I was even more suprised. Full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a king size bed, a sofa bed that made into a queen, a whirlpool tub, washer & dryer, private beach, all for cheaper than just a bed. The suites were also in a good location between snorkeling in Key Largo and fishing in Islamorada. I will definatly be staying here again and will probably bring more people with me next time.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank achelle82
Reviewed June 12, 2007

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit for two nights at the end of May. I wasn't impressed with the place and would not stay there again. The decor is dated (which I knew from other reviews) but it was also stained and the wicker was damaged. The "ocean view" was a small patch of water that looked to be about a quarter of a mile away. The balcony was only large enough for two people. It is a weird triangular shape. I didn't like the beds but my husband did. Depends on what you like I guess. One thing that I did like was that there is a washer and dryer in the unit, so we did a couple of loads of laundry while we were there. I also liked the pool - it was large and had a lot lounge chairs. If I went back to this part of the Keys, I would try another resort.

• Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank MNtravelGirl
Reviewed May 16, 2007

Stayed here one nite on the way back from Keywest. Thought it was a great value for the price. We had a one bedroom condo that was very clean in Building 3. The pool was large and a great view of the Ocean. Wouldn't mind staying here for a longer stay. It was nice having the extra space compared to a hotel room. Went to Loralie for dinner which has great food and a wonderful view to watch the sunset. Also Morada Bay was a great place for a drink and a wonderful view. Both are a short drive away.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed May 1, 2007

We stayed here last October after we purchased a "last minute deal" from AOL travel. We picked the cheapest package that would get us to the Keys for the weekend. All in all it was well worth the money, the Condo we rented was dated in its decor but clean and great views. We really didn't spend much time there as we did all the Keys in 3 days but it was a clean place to sleep and shower, just old looking. Continental breakfast was included and they had a nice bar to have an evening drink at. Small beach but large pool.
Very friendly staff, I would recommend this resort but we didn't spend much time there

Stayed: October 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Holiday Inn Key Largo
Playa Largo Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
Creekside Inn Islamorada
Creekside Inn Islamorada
#4 of 4 in Tavernier

Been to Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo? Share your experiences!