Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo
$135
$225
$198
Orbitz.com
Coconut Palm Inn(Key Largo)
$189
MB at Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
$199
$299
$249
Seafarer Resort and Beach(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
$117
Drop Anchor Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
$269
$247
$245
  • Pool
2,391 results
All reviewstennis courtscafe bartwo bedroom condowasher and dryerfull kitchenocean pointtiny balconystayed in buildinglarge poolsmall beachwinn dixiebeach areanice resortking bedkey largomarinagrounds
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was our third visit to Ocean Pointe, and the best yet. Traveling with our two children, ages 10 and 12, we reserved a 2-bedroom, 2-bath unit, which is more than enough room for a family of 4, and would even comfortably accommodate 6 people. It's great to have a full size kitchen, as well as two full bathrooms. The master bath also included a jetted tub. The washer and dryer was perfect for a quick clean up of our daily beachwear. Since lounging out and swimming was our number one priority, we requested building 5, which is the closest walk to the beach area. We spent two full days at that quiet little beach, which is a fabulous place to just sit back and watch the world go by. If you're feeling a little more adventuresome, rent the kayaks and explore the area. We had our own snorkel gear, and spent hours swimming around, gazing at tropical fish (large and small), turtles, horseshoe crabs, stingrays, and lobsters.
*Tip -- There is a beautiful Winn Dixie supermarket one mile south. They have EVERYTHING including beach, fishing, and snorkel gear. My boys bought a $20 2-person raft, and it kept them busy at the beach area the whole time. Also, stock your fridge and save some money on dining out. And don't forget to buy some laundry detergent if you're going to use the washing machine.

Room Tip: Request an "updated" or "refurbished" unit. Each unit is individually owned, and some are better than others. A higher floor offers a better view. Building 5 is closest to the beach.
2  Thank Rachelle B
Joyski C, Administrative Assistant at Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

On behalf of our staff we thank you for taking the time to review our property. Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo appreciates your genuinely positive comments in reference to your most recent stay. I'm glad to hear that we accommodated all of your family's needs during your stay with us. We look forward to serving you as our loyal guest again in the near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The view was magnificent but that's about all that was great. The only real service I can consider was that they allowed is to check in early and called to say it was ready. I have no complaints about the front desk.
What I wish I had known: I don't know if every room is like this but our two bedroom suite was apparently someone's beach condo. Had we gone in thinking of this as being allowed to stay at a friend's beach house for free, maybe our attitude would have been different, but it was a hotel stay we had paid for. The second bathroom had no mirror (it had been ripped out). The closet door was broken and the bottom of the fridge had fallen off. We did have a jet tub but we were sort of afraid to use it. Also, their "beachfront" was about ten feet across. We had to crank the A/C to get rid of the musty smell. I have a feeling we probably could have switched rooms had I complained but I'm not convinced it would have made a huge difference. We woke with bug bites on almost all of us. The pool was nice but practically no shade anywhere. The guy singing at the pool was a nice touch but it was definitely nothing like what you think of as staying at a resort. I've stayed at nicer places on the side of the highway. I couldn't recommend this to anyone, sadly.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Jwit59

Thank you for taking the time to review Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo. We take pride in our property and strive to exceed guest expectations. When we fall short we share your disappointment. On behalf of our staff please accept our sincerest apologies. We have brought your concerns to the attention of the appropriate department manager and assure you we will follow up with them in addressing all your concerns.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed all weekend with no fresh towels. Called everyday for towels and no one came. The washer was not working and the drawers had someone elses clothes. When I finally told them that no one would show up they told me to get them myself at the front desk...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank julio f
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family and I had a great time while we were there 4th of July. The rooms could/should have been a little more clean. The maintenance team (1man) was very helpful and understood our concern. Office staff quickly helped us switch rooms. I highly recommend staying in building 4 or 5. The boat ramp was very helpful however it is not very safe to take a boat out. Harry Harris park was quick and safer to pull the boat out of the water.

• Stayed: July 2014

On behalf of our staff we appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Thank you for choosing Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo as your destination of choice when visiting the Florida Keys. We value your comments and observations in reference to your most recent stay. We hope your future travels bring you back to Ocean Pointe.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

They were a little under staffed at the front desk for a holiday weekend; however, not horrible. The room was missing towels in master bath, but nothing that a phone call could not resolve. The Housekeeping staff missing a skillet full of oil in the oven and I had to call to have it removed, but otherwise, we had a great stay.

I booked this place and then read the reviews and got a little scared, but I was not at all disappointed. We had a great view of the ocean, comfy beds and lots of space. We had a great time and would definitely stay there again. We were able to use the grills on the grounds and enjoyed it tremendously. the pool was huge and so there was plenty of room depite the holiday crowd.

We will be back!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

On behalf of our staff we appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Thank you for choosing Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo as your destination of choice when visiting the Florida Keys. We value your comments and observations in reference to your most recent stay, we will address the issues you endured throughout your stay with us. We hope your future travels bring you back to Ocean Pointe.