“Awesome room awesome service!!!”

Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
“Awesome room awesome service!!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I booked this trip with 4 girlfriends to celebrate my marriage. I was just blown away with everything this place had to offer. Our room was beautiful with stainless steel appliances and an awesome ocean front view. The pool was amazing and service was friendly. What really made my trip was Dee at the cafe she is funny and friendly and really made my stay complete! My husband and I will definitely be coming down again to enjoy this resort. Thanks to Dee and everyone else at ocean pointe suites it truly made my vacation.

• Stayed May 2013
Kaitlin D, Administrative Assistant at Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
On behalf of our staff we thank you for taking the time to review our property. Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo appreciates your genuinely positive comments in reference to your most recent stay. It's wonderful that Dee could put a personalized touch on your stay and make you feel welcome. We look forward to serving you as our loyal guest again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Polish first
Caserta, Italy
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked an hour before arriving via an Internet site. Payed very little and when we arrived were given an excellent suite. Two bedrooms with on suite bathrooms. Excellent beds beautiful furniture. A great experience. I've seen some bad reviews, does it depend on who owns the suite? Anyway was a great experience for us, just like a four star hotel should be.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Sorclive
On behalf of our staff we thank you for taking the time to review our property. Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo appreciates your genuinely positive comments in reference to your most recent stay. We look forward to serving you as our loyal guest again in the near future.
Wellington, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The accommodation was average, beds hard, kitchen adequate, balcony small. Beach small but nice. Staff very helpful which made up for the dated accommodations! Didn't make it to the pool or tennis area, so I cannot comment. The location was great, halfway between Miami and Key West.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shannon Lee D
Kaitlin D, Administrative Assistant at Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
On behalf of our staff we appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Thank you for choosing Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo as your destination of choice when visiting the Florida Keys. We value your comments and observations in reference to your most recent stay. We hope your future travels bring you back to Ocean Pointe.
Germantown Maryland
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We needed a vacation and had booked Ocean Pointe Suites in January through South West Airlines. Driving the road off Route 1 we were wondering about what we would find but once at the gate we drove into a well taken care of facility that was tucked away from the rat race. The staff was friendly, Shinae' was very helpful and they are there 24 hours to take care of your needs. When we got to our one bedroom apartment in Building three we were pleasantly surprised with a spacious, updated and modern suite. A full kitchen, spacious bedroom, nice furniture, a great bed and a nice view of the Atlantic. The only downside was there was sparse equipment for cooking but we made do with it. Everything was clean with plenty of towels and other items. The first thing we did was to make a list for shopping, food, toilet paper and other necessities. Once that was done at the very nice Winn Dixie down the road we were set for Vacation. If you want a resort with entertainment, 24 hour catering constant pampering do not come here. If you want a clean place with nice grounds and a great pool to relax, recharge and get your life back to normal for a while come here. We spent each morning on the Balcony overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the days at the pool which has a bar run by a very friendly Clinton and stayed in two nights, went out for two. We made our own breakfast and lunch in the apartment and did not leave the facility except to go to the store and out to dinner twice. It was just what we wanted and needed. I see some pretty nasty reviews for the time we were there but I just did not see what they were talking about. If you want to be entertained and pampered take a cruise, if you need to recharge come here. We are definitely coming back next year.

Room Tip: We booked through South West, that may have gotten us an updated room not sure. All rooms overlook t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank D4379
Sonoma
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Don't even think about staying here. They REFUSED to cancel my reservation a month and a half in advance and INSISTED on charging me the full amount for my 3 nights. Not just one night, ALL THREE. I called in advance before making the reservation to check their policy and they ASSURED me repeatedly that it was fully refundable if I cancel up to a week in advance.

They insisted that I was given a special rate and therefore non-refundable when actually it was the same rate across the board. This is a horrible policy I have only seen used at 2 star airport hotels but it seems that's what they aspire to be. A woman in reservations said she had no way to cancel the reservation which wasn't true.

I opened a dispute through American Express and I still couldn't get my $714.18 for 3 nights back because the Accounting Manager told a HUGE lie and said I never cancelled the reservation. So to summarize, the reservations woman says she can't cancel the reservation then manager said I never cancelled the reservation so it's not refundable. Nice work guys. I've reopened the dispute and will keep fighting this until I get my money back.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank traveller3482

Travelers are raving about these Tavernier hotels

Pompano Beach, Fl
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We arrived at Ocean Pointe Suites Yesterday 4/25/2013 planing to stay 2 nights. In order to get a decent room we had to look at 4 different rooms. We finally found one that looked good enough to stay in. Well we were up at 5 AM and found Roches running around the kitchen.
We immediately left the place. I wouldn't stay here again if they gave me a free room. Most of the property is run down with very old furnishings and furniture. Not a well cared for place.

Room Tip: You will need to look at many rooms to find a decent one.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank broker6000
Kaitlin D, Administrative Assistant at Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo. We take pride in our property and strive to exceed guest expectations. When we fall short we share your disappointment. On behalf of our staff please accept our sincerest apologies. We have brought your concerns to the attention of the appropriate department manager and assure you we will follow up with them in addressing all your concerns.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Rooms – were nice and quaint. The unit we had (1207) was very plain. Nothing out of this world. But then again if you’ve done condo rentals before you know that this is all you need. Clean beds, bathrooms and a full size kitchen to do what you wish for breakfast and a few lunches! Two rooms very plainly decorated but nice and clean – no cobwebs or dirty corners. Regular size TV in master bedroom and living room plus a queen size sleeper sofa. There was a washer/dryer combo – dated but useful. A small balcony you can admire the outside for a few but only big enough for one person. The walls are thin and most of the guests were not cognizant that others might still be sleeping at 7:30AM. It felt like every morning a group of kids were running the halls. The pool is a decent size and makes up for the small make-shift beach they have towards the back. Still a nice little beach for a handful of people. Keep in mind though that the Keys – any part of it – do not have natural beaches so many of these places will have a man-made beach for your enjoyment. So you can’t hold it against them if they try to re-create such an environment. The staff for the most part was helpful but do not plan on having a huge area for eating in their “restaurant/lounge”. They have a full bar but not really a full service restaurant/sit down area. They do try. There's a CVS and a Winn Dixie around the corner for any last minute needs plus tons of great restaurants to eat at! Overall I will come back if I can get the Groupon pricing or a more competitive price based on their regular rates. We did enjoy it and while it might be a bit dated it’s a place you can come to and crash for a few days of R&R.

Room Tip: Go with an open mind...sleep, eat, relax...no other luxuries needed!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Simba9960
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Atlantic Bay Resort
#5 of 20 in Key Largo
Coconut Palm Inn
Coconut Palm Inn
#2 of 20 in Key Largo

Been to Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo? Share your experiences!