“Nice cafe, slow service.”
Review of Cafe Moka

Cafe Moka
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Tavernier
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed December 5, 2013

They seemed to be working on island time. But the ambiance was very nice. It was clearly a popular place. Our food was pretty good.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Incredible croissants almond and chocolate. My friend bought some and I tried them. Definitely stop in its worth it. You might want to stop in on the way back.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Seattle has always been big on coffee, but there were a lot more carts than there were houses the times I was there. I can't speak for the whole nation as to the culture of coffee houses, but there was definitely one on the west coast. San Francisco and San Diego were actually the 2 cities that were big on coffee houses. We had more than 300 in San Diego, and I'm talking pre Starbucks invasion, independent coffee houses.

Great places to hang out, and they meant for you to. Having good to great coffee was required to get the kind of people you would want hanging out, no hobo's or homeless. No fools spending a dollar and trashing the place, or the restrooms. More than a few Starbucks have a problem with this, especially on the west coast. Since the giant chain took over there are far fewer coffee houses than there were 20 years ago.

As someone who's been to coffee houses all over the country (even in Alaska), and has been part of that culture for 25 years now - I can tell you that Cafe Moka is in the same league as the best of them. Free wi-fi, a great place with a good atmosphere to read, write, or do homework. All this as you have a light snack, breakfast or lunch, and a great cup of joe. Which for me is a cappuccino done right, and a place where I would want to spend a couple of hours.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We came here at the recommendation of the activities director at the Hilton, and it was a good reco! My mom had a big beautiful salad, my grandma had a homemade quiche she liked, and I had a prosciutto & caprese sandwich on fresh-baked bread. It was all delicious, with very fresh ingredients, and a nice coffee-shop atmosphere that would do justice to the expectations of most coffee snobs! My mom also had a fig tart, which she said was fabulous (although I was disappointed to find out that it was imported from France!).

The coffee, the most important thing of course, was superb!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family LOVES this place. The owners and staff feel like family and are so personable! Its so great that they offer Almond Milk & Soy as non-dairy options for my lattes. Not to mention there is no place in the keys with better pastries. Seriously, their scones are the perfect mix of scone combined with muffin, crunchy and fluffy at the same time and their croissants are thin, light and flakey (i LOVE them warmed up). you could literally come in the morning for coffee/pastries, set up your computer and work on their free wi-fi, stay for lunch and find yourself still there for an early tapas dinner plate (BYOB!). Highly recommend that when you come to the keys, you drive straight past Starbucks in Key Largo and head for Cafe Moka! Enjoy!