“Fantastic preparation for the Instructor Exam”

Florida Keys Dive Center
$214.00*
Scuba Diving Training Course
Ranked #2 of 27 Tours in Tavernier
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving and snorkel charters, scuba courses and equipment rental, air and nitrox fills
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I found Florida Keys Dive Center quite by accident. I happened to search on Google for an IDC (Instructor Development Course) and they had one that fitted in with my timings so I signed up. They suggested accommodation options and shuttle buses that would get me from Miami airport to Tavernier all that were within my budget.

The training was intense. It is a tough course but very enjoyable. 8 days of 7.30am starts and 6pm finishes - with studying to do at home in the evenings. I was lucky that I had completed my EFRI before hand so I was able to have a break mid-week which allowed me to work on studying the theory.

I feel that the course provided by Sally and the rest of crew at Florida Keys Scuba Center was fantastic. Everyone was so helpful and kind. I really cannot thank them enough. If you want to become a PADI OWSI this is a great place to come. All the IDC/IE candidates on our course completed the IE with no presentation scoring less than 4.5. A fantastic result.

I know that this is down to the brilliant coaching and skill of our Course Director Sally.

Thanks for a fantastic experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was the location that I chose for my first ocean dive. I had only been certified for 2 weeks and the bulk of that was in a beautiful quarry. I chose Florida Keys Dive Center because they had an offer with Troop Swap and I always appreciate an organization that supports our military veterans. I had paid for a dive master to join me as I was alone and it was their policy for first time ocean divers. Burt was an excellent DM. He reiterated everything that I had learned during my PADI certification and covered a lot more. He made me feel very comfortable.

The dive itself was wonderful...I can't believe that I haven't been doing this my whole life. As there were a lot of snorkelers on this trip and I was a new diver, we stayed very shallow, no deeper than 30'. Burt went out of his way to show me as much as we could see and during our dive interval he taught me about everything we saw. It completely surpassed my expectations. We came within a few feet of a nurse shark and I was sold for life.

Afterwards, Burt sat down with me and we spent time properly logging my dives. The crew at the shop gave me some unsolicited military discounts and I truly felt as though they were a good, hard working, and honest team. I will definitely go back as every penny spent was paid back countless times over.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Some of the best Diveing I've every done. Been Diveing all up and down the Keys and all over the World, Maui, Meixico etc. The crew were very helpfull and knowable ot the dive spots.The experience with them at there levele was a lot of fun. Tommy P.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My 20-year-old son and I had a great experience here in August. Although qualified, we're still new to scuba diving. Our experience with Florida Keys Dive Center got us interested and exciting about doing more. Steve, who accompanied us on our first two dives, was wonderful; he gave us great pointers, addressed our concerns, took us to 97 feet to see a wreck (beyond the depth we were qualified to go on our own), took great photos, and helped prepare us for the next day when we were totally on our own. The crew the next day was equally helpful. Thanks to everyone!

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Recently returned from Key Largo where we enjoyed a couple of reef dives with Florida Keys Dive Center. The dive center is very organized and professional, with helpful staff. FKDC does have storage facilities and a well -stocked dive shop. As my buddy was not able to join all dives, I hired a dive guide (Don) who was excellent and pointed out marine life I might have missed otherwise. As the reefs are shallow, the trips included snorkelers and divers hunting for lobster. Generally prefer smaller dive groups, but since FKDC boats are larger it didn’t feel too crowded. Unfortunately, we didn’t get a chance to dive the wrecks, but we’ll be back and will book with FKDC.