“Heavy Metal Tour”

and up
2 Location Dive Charter from Tavernier
Ranked #2 of 26 Tours in Tavernier
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving and snorkel charters, scuba courses and equipment rental, air and nitrox fills
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My buddy and I did the Heavy Metal trip with Florida Keys Dive Center and it was the best trip we ever did in the Keys. We did 4 of the best wrecks in the upper keys in 2 days. The staff at the dive center were great and the Captain of the boat was an ace when it came to running a dive boat .I am most definately going to do this trip again the next trip to the Florida Keys and Florida Keys Dive Center is the place I will dive with. A+ thanks for 4 great dives.Just a note the seas were 2-4 ft but captain and mate did every thing to make dive safe . All lines were set to meet the conditions of each dive site and captain was waiting at bow of boat when I surfaced and was at ladder to help if needed as I got on to boat .Eveything was done with safety of divers in the water.

There are newer reviews for Florida Keys Dive Center

Reviewed October 7, 2012

There is something seriously wrong with them! I felt like I was speaking to an alien that was in a human skin. They stared at me like they wanted to eat, analyze or turn me into a lizard with their lack of personality and customer service skills. On a serious note, they just had a way of making me feel ALIENated.

5  Thank Frank P
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have used this dive operation twice now. The first time was an okay experience but we found the boat captain to be rude and dismissive. We returned a few years later on another trip to the keys and had a similar experience - the captain was again rude and dismissive of the customers. Instructions regarding boat operations, entry and exist changed from day to day and were inconsistent. Will not use this operation again - there are much better and proficient operators on the keys.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

They changed the reservations my group and I made over a month in advance at the last minute twice during a 3-day dive trip. This was an incredible inconvenience for us, especially since we had one person in the group who was restricted by his flight times. The last day they changed the 2-tank dive trip to a 3-tank trip at the last minute and forced us to cancel (since one person couldn't go on the last dive due to his pre-flight surface interval). They offered us nothing... no 3rd tank dive, no apologies, no nothing. And they even tried to blame us for their reservation change! So, we went down the street and got on another charter at the last minute. I'm sure they were happy we filled their morning dive trip with our group.

2  Thank Claytron0
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My recent experience with Florida Keys Dive Center was less than spectacular. After booking a 3-day trip with them months ago for 5 people (yes, 5, that's some decent bucks when you add it up), I was discouraged to get a call from the staff the day before my trip saying that they wanted to change our night dive time due to not having enough people on the day we wanted to go. OK, we thought, we'll be flexible. Was a little odd though, no apologies offered, just a "we can't promise you your trip".

On day three though, they decided to combine 2 boats last minute, resulting in a 3-tank dive instead of a 2-tank dive. Aside from the added cost, our group did not have the time for this since we had to get one of our divers to the airport. We were basically told "sorry, it is a business decision". No apologies, no offer to discount the 3rd dive, no nothing. In fact, when I expressed concerns that this prebooked trip with 5 out-of-town divers (one from Wisconsin) had been changed quite a bit last minute, the staff was extremely short with me. I was completely stunned by her lack of customer service.

So, here was our "CUSTOMER decision" - We cancelled our 3rd dive trip, went across the street to another dive shop, and had a great time with a shop (Conch Republic Divers, check them out!) that really seemed to appreciate our business. The staff was incredibly nice, and even held the boat up while we filled out our forms last minute. And... they are $500 in the black because of it.

To me, there is an important business lesson here - When you have ZERO competitive advantage (let's face it, all of the boats are going to the same place), you might want to consider that customer service is key to your business.

1  Thank jbush74