“Excellent instruction, top notch customer service.”

Florida Keys Dive Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$52.00*
and up
4-Hour Snorkel Charter from Key Largo
Ranked #3 of 27 Tours in Tavernier
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving and snorkel charters, scuba courses and equipment rental, air and nitrox fills
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I dove the Spiegel Grove, Duane, Bibb and Eagle with flakeys last October and felt I received excellent instruction from Burt and Jason, and the boat crew were great as well. I've now dove on many different dive boats in the FL Keys and FL Keys Dive Center is definitely one of my favorites. Nothing better then getting fresh sliced pineapple to get the salt water taste out of your mouth after a dive.

I stayed in a hotel next door for about a week and dove with them every day while taking PADI courses. The hotel wasn't great, but not terrible either, and quite convenient since I could walk to the shop. I purchased some retail items at the dive shop, and they kept a tab running for me during the week. By the time I left I had overspent my budget, and the manager was nice enough to let me pay most of the tab then, and the rest two weeks later when I got my next paycheck. Now that's customer service! (Otherwise I would have had to hit up a friend or relative to borrow money which is never fun.)

2  Thank Frequent_Flyer023
"florida keys"
in 12 reviews
"three days"

Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is one awesome dive center. They are very friendly and will work with you on whatever you need. Their instructors are all superb. We have worked with them on 2 different occasions and will work with them before any one else. Tom the owner was willing to work with us to get my open water cert and my daughters advanced open water. We had a few personal issues and Tom took very good care of us and went out of his way to accommodate us. I can't say enough wonderful things about Florida Keys Dive Center. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in diving or snorkeling. Thank you Tom, John, Sara, Will, Joe, Burt Dave and Greg for a wonderful week.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

I was introduced to this dive center by friend Jean Michel Cousteau we went in June and started our open water i ran into asthma problems and we couldn't finish we came back in September and I have now completed my open water and am working on my advanced certification now the staff is great my instructor is very personable and puts us ease wouldn't go anywhere else for certifications

Reviewed September 7, 2011

We went diving over the Labor Day weekend for three days with Florida Keys Dive Center. The reef dives were nice but not the best in the area. On our third day the dive staff took us to a wreck where the currents were so horrendous that all 40 divers had to hold onto the line ALL the WAY to the WRECK. If you had let go, you would drift away. If you turned from the current, your mask would fill with water. It was horrible and VERY dangerous. My buddy and I go to the wreck and basically hand walked back up the line along with everyone else. The staff was completely irresponsible for taking us to that site. I DO NOT recommend this center. The captain was rude.

3  Thank sally n
See more reviews
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were recommended FKDC by Gilbert's Resort, Key Largo during our vacation this year to the Florida Keys. We started out in Key Largo with the intent to make our way to Key West and then back up the Keys on our 11 day anniversary celebration. We've not been on a dive trip in Key Largo, so we thought that we would give FKDC a try. We had such a wonderful time on our first dive trip with them, we decided to end our vacation with another dive trip before we headed back home. The staff was friendly, helpful, and very knowledgable. I was comfortable and at ease with Captain Greg and the dive boat team. I even misplaced one of the coupons I had on our initial dive and the staff honored it during our second dive. Very reasonably priced and relaxed!

1  Thank CleverCouple