“Dangerous Conditions - BEWARE”

Florida Keys Dive Center
$214.00*
Scuba Diving Training Course
Ranked #3 of 27 Tours in Tavernier
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving and snorkel charters, scuba courses and equipment rental, air and nitrox fills
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We went diving over the Labor Day weekend for three days with Florida Keys Dive Center. The reef dives were nice but not the best in the area. On our third day the dive staff took us to a wreck where the currents were so horrendous that all 40 divers had to hold onto the line ALL the WAY to the WRECK. If you had let go, you would drift away. If you turned from the current, your mask would fill with water. It was horrible and VERY dangerous. My buddy and I go to the wreck and basically hand walked back up the line along with everyone else. The staff was completely irresponsible for taking us to that site. I DO NOT recommend this center. The captain was rude.

3  Thank sally n

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were recommended FKDC by Gilbert's Resort, Key Largo during our vacation this year to the Florida Keys. We started out in Key Largo with the intent to make our way to Key West and then back up the Keys on our 11 day anniversary celebration. We've not been on a dive trip in Key Largo, so we thought that we would give FKDC a try. We had such a wonderful time on our first dive trip with them, we decided to end our vacation with another dive trip before we headed back home. The staff was friendly, helpful, and very knowledgable. I was comfortable and at ease with Captain Greg and the dive boat team. I even misplaced one of the coupons I had on our initial dive and the staff honored it during our second dive. Very reasonably priced and relaxed!

1  Thank CleverCouple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My family and I have been diving with them for many years. Several people in our family were certified by the expert dive masters at FKDC. Every dive I’ve made with them has been FUN and SAFE and I always learn and see something new and exciting. The staff is very helpful and efficient. I highly recommend FKDC and look forward to continuing to dive with them.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Florida Keys Dive Center (MM 90.5 Oceanside) is THE place to SCUBA dive and snorkel in the Upper Keys! I have been an active diver for over 30 years and have used the services of many dive centers in Florida and the Caribbean, so I can speak with authority about the level of service offered by FKDC. The staff and crew are professional, very knowledgeable, courteous and, above all, safety conscious. The captain always gives a very detailed briefing of the dive/snorkel site, including sea current, what types of sea life you may encounter and the best way to navigate the reef. The staff of many dive centers tends to be transient, while most of the personnel of FKDC have been with them for years. This is an indication of the stability of FKDC management and staff. They offer trips for both novice and experienced divers and snorkelers. FKDC has SCUBA certified several members of my family and friends. My wife and I SCUBA in the Keys several times a year and always return to FKDC. If you want a fun, enjoyable and safe experience on or below the surface, Florida Keys Dive Center is the place to go!

1  Thank joediver13
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Perfect experience, great staff. They are thoughtful, safe, charismatic and add a lot of detail to what to expect in different locations. the rental BCDs, tanks, and regulators were all in good shape.