“Tasters Grille and Market”
Review of Tasters Taco Emporium - CLOSED

Tasters Taco Emporium
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2013

great service,fantastic food, stopped there to eat dinner on fathers day 6/16/2013. Absolutely delish!
its in a shopping center sort of in the back, one thing, do not forget to try the fish dip !!!!! the chef holds many awards for this!
Thanks for a wonderful dinner!
ilona
from (wpbch)

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Have been to this little restaurant twice now and have had amazing meals both times. It's Quaint with an organic feel. They have wine specials, cheese of the day, and the menu changes often. Tried the shrimp & grits, not the traditional southern taste but delicious mix of flavors. The pork fried rice with fried egg on top was a great variation from the asian style. Another person in our party thought the churrasco steak was the best they ever had. Lots of choices, eclectic, very nice wait staff. A nice variety to the typical fish joint in the FL Keys. Will definitely go back. Hidden in the Tavernier Towne Center next to the movie theater. Also have outdoor seating for those who feel they must be outside in the Keys.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My son and I went to Tasters last night. We were also going to see a movie playing at a theater in the same shopping center. (which explains why I didn't walk out.) When we went into the place there it was drizzling, so we could only sit inside which makes sense. Indoors there are maybe a dozen tables of which maybe 4 were in use. I was seated in a table where the AC was blowing directly in my face. I asked the waiter if I could set somewhere else and he said- "Unfortunately, No. This is where he seated you so this is where you have to stay." Can you believe it? There were several empty tables. As I said, we were seeing a movie that started in less than an hour, so I didn't have time to leave and go find another place. I also didn't want to make a scene in front of my 14 year old son- so I rode it out. As far as the food goes- What I got was average. I got a spinach salad which didn't even have dressing on it. The Mahi taco was average as well. In addition, one of the waitresses had some type of large insect (looked like a giant roach) and she was about 6 feet in front of me when she starting trying to swat it off of herself. It eventually hit the ground where she promptly picked it up with a napkin and went running off into the kitchen with it! Anyway, I usually don't write bad reviews, but the lack of customer care deserved a few minutes of my time.

3  Thank Mark O
Reviewed June 3, 2013

read the other reviews on this site and they were right on the mark! great food - GREAT service - great views - live music on saturday - will most defintely go back!!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The tarpon were biting but the mosquitoes were not: we had a perfect dinner out at Taster's. We only found out about it because we'd had lunch at the owner's other restaurant, MEAT further south in Islamorada. My boyfriend and I shared the shrimp and scallop ceviche to start, and then he had the shrimp and grits, and I had the clams. We both had a couple glasses of sangria. The shrimp and grits were incredibly rich and delicious. The clams were solid; the sauce they were in was very good, and just spicy enough.

1  Thank annirvine