New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great food, great service, Poor location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tasters Taco Emporium - CLOSED

Tasters Taco Emporium
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Rye, New Hampshire
“Great food, great service, Poor location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

After reading previous reviews, this was a top choice for our visit to the Keys. We were not disappointed with the food and service. However, I agree that the location has issues. The patio in back is nice, with a view of a lagoon and tarpon swimming just under the deck. However there is no direct access, into the restaurant, for the bathroom. It wasn't a big deal, just awkward. With such great creative food, they deserve a better location!

Amherst
“Very good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We ate there on March 25th. Very good food. Forced inside by inclement weather. Patio was pleasant. Enjoyed the food very much even though it was pricey. Very pleasant server. It's in a plaza next to the post office and a pizza shop. A bit difficult to find. Bayside of US1.

Atlantic Beach, Florida, United States
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Everything was wonderful from the salad to the house favorite to the nightly special. Our waitress and the rest of the staff were very attentive. It was a wonderful dinner!

Annapolis, Maryland
“I was disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

The food was hardly okay. The atmosphere was lacking - tables packed close together, harsh lighting made it hard to read the specials listed on a chalk board, access to outdoor dining was by walking around the building - I thought of a cheap, barebones bar. The service was excellent, very attentive, and we never had to try to find the waitress to ask for something because she was always nearby.

The food all started with a dish of what the waitress called southern caviar, a mix of cheeses and some binder (mayo?) that reminded me of something bad from my childhood - not Cheese Whiz, but something of equal desirability. The scallops my friend had we're good, but unexceptional. The burger I had was okay, though I was surprised that I couldn't even taste the manchego cheese, but the fries were thoroughly disgusting - over cooked waffle fries with almost no potato flavor left. The bread pudding seemed to be made from wonder bread or some other fluffy, puffy stuff (actually, I thought "angel food cake?" before I tasted it), and there was little flavor other than sugar and the crumpled candy bar that was sprinkled over it.

I expected more from a restaurant that had a $250 bottle on the wine list.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank J_of_Annapolis
Charlottesville, Virginia
“A great closure to our vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to stop on our last day and found Taster's grille on Tripadvisor. Though its location on the shopping plaza did not seem promising, the restaurant was a pleasant surprise. Romantic waterfront backyard with live music and burning torches added to the festive atmosphere. The gigantic fish swimming underneath the dock were a great finishing touch.
We ordered scallops, conch chowder, Mexican ceviche and a burger. We hardly expected the burger to be surprising, but even here the chefs performed exceptionally. The scallops were my favorite, however: large, juicy, perfectly cooked.

Would definitely recommend.