“Excellent!”

Tasters Taco Emporium
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This restaurant does everything very well! The service was attentive (thanks Walter!), and the food was excellent. There is an element of creativity without losing focus. I had the tempura battered hogfish which was delicious, as was the snapper my wife had. And, as you would expect of a restaurant of this quality, the presentation was beautiful. We ate on the patio at the back,and so cannot comment on the noise level inside. However, I did go inside a couple of times and on a Wednesday night, when it was almost full, I did not find the noise to be excessive. The patio is a great place to dine on a warm night. This restaurant is tucked away in the Tavernier mall, and would be easy to miss if you were driving by. It is worth finding.

1  Thank Carl K
There are newer reviews for Tasters Taco Emporium

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The food here is just wonderful. It's supposed to be a tapas style restaurant so keep that in mind. The portions are small; although they do have a few large plate options. I ordered the mahi mahi tacos and I was so surprised at how much I liked them! Absolutely wonderful. Everyone in our party really enjoyed the food. It is still expensive considering how much you get but I say it's worth it.

1  Thank Kayytee21
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The inside dining area is small, but not cramped. The outside area was not available due to the weather - 60dF + wind. One unique feature of the menus is they offer small servings - for us oldsters, along with normal serving sizes.

The dinner started with a small plate of cream cheese dip with kitchen baked crackers, this was in lieu of a bread/rolls. The service was efficient and the food arrived hot. My wife had the tomato bisque soup, she thought it was okay, but it could have used a little kick. I had the scallops with arugula salad. The scallops were grilled to a tee - just between raw and and fully/over cooked so, instead of being rubber hocky pucks they were very tender.

The only real complaint I have about the place is the noise level, even with my impaired hearing it was still way loud - especially for such a small area.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great staff, wine list and choices, but, tempura fried Hog Fish strips which came with waffle fries, (which were not served), omitted vegetables as did my wife's mussels. This is a very small restaurant that has obvious talent in the kitchen and up front but, it could use balance in its offerings. A trendy, non-mayonaise cole slaw would have been welcomed Can't imagine what the noise level would be at prime time. We ate at 6:00 o'clock PM.

3  Thank valwyr
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Excellent seafood dinners. But I only rated Tasters 4 stars not 5 because the hamburger was just average. Since it has "Grllle" in the restaurant name, it should be able to make a decent hamburger. This restaurant is a small place with bar along one wall but it is not too noisy. Good value for the seafood dinner.

1  Thank Elle989