“great food , great place”

Dillon's Pub and Grill
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Tavernier
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Nice casual place in the Keys...food was very good...had the calimari,extremely good, drinks and 2 sandwiches, service was great and the prices were very reasonable. Will definitely return.

There are newer reviews for Dillon's Pub and Grill

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Two words, blue ribeye! Super friendly staff. Always a good place for conversation and well done food! Cornflakes for batter on our hook and cook keeps us coming back every week!

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We would have given 4 stars, but it's a local spot loved because you can smoke freely indoors. It's been years since I had so much smoke consume me while trying to eat. However, the food is really good and the servers are super nice so we close our nose and chow down on a rainy day. Did I mention how dark and dive bar-like it is. Not your typical, beach bar with a view here. You come for the sports, beer, bar and food. And if your a smoker, it's a dream spot (no Bloomberg sightings here that is for sure).

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I were on vacation in the keys, and every place that we went to was definitely very expensive. While this was an expected part of our vacation budget, near the end of our trip we really just wanted to sit down at a local place with inexpensive and good food. We had heard about Dillon's from a friend and decided to try it. When you walk in you're immediately greeted by an old-school Irish pub looking bar, about 10 HDTV's broadcasting various sports games, and the smell of smoke (which we don't mind at all, we're both smokers). I think this is one of the few restaurants you're actually allowed to smoke in these days. We were told by an employee to sit anywhere we would like, which is a great policy because it lets you pick a part of your dining experience. When our server came and asked for our drinks I told her that I really wanted a hoppy beer and she didn't know what I was talking about but said she would ask someone. About two minutes later a young man who I assumed was the busboy came right up to our table with beer recommendations and said we should try their special IPA which was absolutely fantastic. The service was wonderful and that beer completely made my meal what it was. My husband had the fried grouper platter which was a huge portion size for the price and he said was delicious and I had the Reuben which was one of the best I've had in a long time. The food was excellent, but the real sell here is the friendly and down to Earth staff. If the busboy had not come over and given us an idea of a good beer to match well with our meal I wouldn't have been as satisfied with my dinner but it's the kind of service and thinking about the customer first that I think is missing from the restaurant industry these days. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting the keys if you're looking for great service, a friendly staff, and good inexpensive pub food while you're watching your favorite sports team.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Visited here based on a locals tip that it was a good place to watch football and grab some tasty food. WRONG! It's a total dive bar reeking of cigarette smoke and the service is beyond bad. Be prepared to seat yourself as you won't be acknowledged by the bartender or waitresses when you walk in. The menu is your standard bar fare, nothing fancy, and they offer a few specials. The wings and potato skins were pretty good, and the Milky Way cake was quite yummy, which is the only reason I am giving this place 2 stars. For customer service and friendliness of staff I wouldn't give it any stars. When we asked the waitress to change the tv channel to watch our local sports team away from the die-hard mullet smokers at the bar, she had to check with her manager. Really the place was 3/4 empty! But ok, she asks her manager who doubles as the bartender and she tells her to have us watch the game at the bar with our teenage boys! Really it's illegal to have minors sit at the bar! After mentioning this obvious fact we were allowed to sit in an empty section and the channel was changed. However, we overhead the manager/bartender tell the waitress to get rid of us by halftime so the channel can be changed back. Unbelievable. There are over 10 tvs in this place, its 3/4 empty and they are complaining about a tv channel. After taking our order, they never checked on us until half time when they laid the bill down and walked off. Didn't matter we were watching the Bears until it was over (which half of the people there were Bears fan and some Dolphin fans). This ticked them off but guess what the bar remained 3/4 empty...a bad sign definitely on game day. So if you want to eat food while hacking and coughing from all the smoke while getting terrible service (if any service at all), this is your place. Skip this dump, your lungs will be thanking you for it.