“just wanted a burger...”

Dillon's Pub and Grill
Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in Tavernier
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed March 1, 2013

unfamiliar with this place, just stopped in for lunch because I was craving a real hamburger, not a fast food burger. The burger was good but the potato salad was kinda weird, kinda like cold mashed potatoes with a few chunks of potatoes. What I didn't know was that the place was smoker friendly....thats great if you like to smoke cigarettes but for me it was too much. It's an o.k. irish pub, but don't go if you don't like cigarette smoke.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very nice food for a pub. Several specials as well as menu standards. Burgers, Crunchy grouper are favorites. Nice beer selection and full bar. Take the family in for lunch. Gets pretty smokey during games.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a nice sized pub with a great atmosphere and nice food.

There were plenty of TV screens up with various channels being shown and a large black board area for kids to write on with chalk.

We had some nice food (I opted for the philly cheese steak sandwich which was delicious) and the serving staff were all very polite and helpful.

For a relaxed and fun night out I'd definitely recommend stopping by.

1  Thank skibumno1
Reviewed January 31, 2013

OK...it's a smoking bar folks and no...I do not smoke. But if you want a ver good lunch, this is nice. They do have a no smoking room but I prefer to sit at the bar. The special a few days ago was a prime rib sandwich on a hoagie. I expected a french dip style of presentation but was pleasantly surprised at actually getting a BIG piece of prime rib, cooked to medium rare that was super tender and tasty. Thursday is Irish Day and I had a wonderful plate of Corn beef and cabbage while the wife had a super nice meatloaf dinner (you can't eat seafood all the time down here). Prices under $10 making this a very good value. Great wait staff even though the place was packed. Food came quickly. I will return.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The food is among the best in the Keys. Delicious grouper reuben, French onion soup. I've been there 3 or 4 times and it's always delicious. However, I hate the smoke and noise. My friends smoke and they love it.
There are several TVs and you can watch if not hear sporting events. I watched the Hurricane Sandy Benefit concert there but I heard very little. Lunch is quieter and they do have a non-smoking section which I have never tried because I always go with my friends. The waitresses are quite friendly and the food came without delay. Great place, especially if you smoke. Lots of beer on tap, too.

1  Thank Sarah M