“Two thumbs way up”

Captain Slate's SCUBA Adventures
Ranked #3 of 25 Tours in Tavernier
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Operating since 1978, CAPTAIN SLATE'S SCUBA ADVENTURES is the premier dive, snorkel, and glass bottom boat operator. Located in Tavernier, we take groups to dive or snorkel at the best sites off of the Florida Keys. With three boats , your voyage experience is kept personable, relaxed, and exclusive. Don't forget - a visit to the Keys is not complete without the world famous Creature Feature! Our highly qualified staff offers PADI, NAUI, SDI, TDI, SEI, IANTD, DAN certifications and more, so start or continue your dive education here! What are you waiting for? Book your diving adventure!
Phoenix, Arizona
“Two thumbs way up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

We spent a week in the keys and dove here several days.. What awesome service with knowledgeable staff! The cure girl behind the counter (Jenn) was a refreshing sight to see in the keys.. We'll definitely book here again! While here, you must do the creature feature!
-Bill-

Montgomery, Alabama
“Fantastic scuba diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

I have dived with Capt Slates several times and always had a great diving experience. Although Capt Slate offers a great breadth of services and has great prices divers know it is the dive crew that makes the difference between a dive charter and a true DIVING EXPERIENCE. I stay with Capt Slate because of his crew. The crew treats you like friends not just customers. They are patient and helpful. Jen the office manager is very efficient and has everything ready for you when you arrive. Wes was our boat captain didn't mind helping the divers and was willing to do anything he could to make our trip better. Thom, or as he says, "Thom with an H" was our crew for the week. He was always there when you needed help and with a story or friendly word when you didn't need help. Adam, the manager, was so helpful. My girlfriend had just become certified and was a little apprehensive. He not only alleviated her fears but assisted her with additional dive training. We dove but also talked diving. I am a more seasoned diver but always learn some new trick from this crew. The dive doesn't end with this crew after the boat pulls in. They ensure you know where to eat and sleep. I have seen them go beyond to help people find places to sleep. After the dive most of the divers and crew went for a beverage to socialize and discuss just how big the 5, 10, 50 foot shark we saw was. The best recommendation I can give to Capt Slate's is I am going back with my girl, her young daughter, and my grandson in July.

Sebring, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome dives!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

The dives were just amazing. The dive crew were really friendly. Had a blast doing the christ of the abyss statue dive and also the creature feature was by far my favorite, it's not everyday you get to pet a few nurse sharks.

prattville
“WOW!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

Captin Slate's is the way to go! I got certified on Sunday and we came to Slate's for my first "real diving" experience. WOW is all I have to say. Everyone there was fab'. Jen at the desk, Captin Wes at the helm,Thom providing endless entertainment on the boat!!. We were at a bar discussing the days dives, and low and behold, the bartender Adam, turned out to be the manager at Slate's. Adam is working with me to get my advanced open water when we return in July. He made the whole process fun and easy!
If you are looking for a dive vacation, look no further than Slate's!!

Boynton Beach, Florida
“scub diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

the place was very friendly. The activity was great.. The thing that i loved the most was everyone was very nice to every one that walked in the door. There really was nothing that i did not like. You need to bring a underwater cammera, change of clothes, money swimsuits and anything else that you want to bring. I had a great time with the crew wish that it was a little longer and other places to go and see more.