“Okay. Nothing to go out of your way for!”
Review of Made 2 Order

Made 2 Order
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Tavernier
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast there today. We sat outside overlooking a canal. Food was okay, certainly nothing to go out of your way for. Prices were on the high side. We went inside first to check out the place. Pretty shabby place.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This restaurant has changed hands a couple of times but has kept its authenticity. A hidden gem to try.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I took my friend for his birthday for lunch on sunday,we sat on the patio,there was only 2 more tables at the time.Food arrived quickly,nothing really special for place that is ranked #2 on TA,i would say poor.But that was not the problem.Our waiter brought us a check in the middle of the lunch.Nothing unusual I guess. After lunch I asked if we can get any dessert,the answer was no,telling us the restaurant does not have any,he suggested us to go inside and pick some muffin out of display case.I asked for the menu,he was not very nice about it,told me"trust me buddy,we have no desserts".After looking at the menu,there was several desserts to choose from,so I have asked him about it and order chocolate lava cake. He walked away,not very happy about it and brought us some other chocolate cake.I told him we ordered lava cake and this is not it and he told me that this is a slide version of chocolate lava cake,what a joker, and also told us we don't have to be worry about paying for it.I insisted on adding cake to my bill but he refused to do that.I wonder if owner knows about this.In my opinion,restaurant ranking #2 spot in the area should consider a little better service.

David F, Owner at Made 2 Order, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

I am sorry to here about your experience, and also thank you for bringing this problem to my attention. Usually if there is a problem I am notified immediately so that I can correct it on the spot, and everyone leaves happy. If you decide to give us another try I can guarantee that this will not happen again. And when you come in ask for David.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

If I could give zero stars I would. Walked in, no one acknowledges you. Just walked out after first waiting 15 mins for a server to even acknowledge us and take our order. After waiting 45 more mins, and watching two other parties order, eat and leave, we walked out. The server did not even come back to check on us once while we were waiting. Never ever go here. HORRIBLE service. I know things are slow in the keys, but seriously???

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed 2 days in Key Largo. I'm an avid reviewer so I decided to see what trip advisor had listed for the area. Made 2 Order was #2, so we gave it a shot! This restaurant is right off of the main Highway in Tavernier. Took us about 10 mins to get there from Key Largo. We were lucky enough to get seated really fast. We sat inside since it was warm outside. The restaurant is very simple and quaint. The food is amazing! I swear the menu has everything on it that you would love to eat for comfort and some recipes are things you've always wanted to try! I could eat there for 2 months without ordering the same thing. The food came out fast and hot! Which can be a problem at times in the Keys. I had the heart attack sandwich, a sandwich that I make very similarly at home on the weekends and it was just like I make it. You've gotta try it! My boyfriend had a traditional breakfast with Eggs, Bacon, Pancakes, and Sausage, which was cooked perfectly and served hot!
All I can say is that this restaurant is a Gem. Everything is fresh and homemade.