“Breakfast waterside”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stopped here for breakfast. They were busy but service was good. Seated on a large dock looking over the water. Very pleasant atmosphere & the food was good.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The place is small and old. However, the food has always been good but nothing spectacular. I have been there a couple of times and would go again. Just not worth a long ride if you are coming from a distance.

1  Thank Ann_Joe_Miami
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My family and I happened to stumble upon this place while we were leaving the Keys. I am so happy we did! The food was EXCELLENT!There were 6 of us and we were all very satisfied. The staff very friendly and efficient, the restaurant was very clean, the service was excellent. Next time I visit the Keys, I will be sure to go there again!

2  Thank HarleyDiva08
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I decided to visit this restaurant after reading the reviews. We arrived on a very rainy morning and were seated quickly. The waiter offered us coffee and water right off the bat. We had visited the web site and looked at the offerings but when we arrived, we spent several minutes before we arrived at a decision. My wife had the Popeye Omelet(spinach, feta, onions and tomatoes), rye toast and grits while I opted for Dixie Pig special---two eggs over easy (cooked to your preference), two sausage links that were split and grilled, and two biscuits covered with sausage gravy. My wife's omelet was flavorful and moist, the toast thick and buttery, and the grits creamy. special came with perfectly cooked eggs, buttery biscuits cut in 1/2 and toasted, covered in sausage gravy, and having the split sausages put atop the biscuits, and then covered with gravy and the two fried eggs. Excellent flavor and quite filling.

The coffee was nicely brewed, hot, refilled frequently, and perfect. Our server (Dave) did a nice job and when asked offered some advice on a couple of other establishments we'd like to try. All in all, a very enjoyable breakfast.

I've read some reviews that mentioned the deck when it was raining and not liking to sit inside. Folks, it is a safety issue. The deck gets slick and the servers have to walk through some rain to bring your food. We're all in this together....just think how many people have slipped on wet surfaces. Be kind to your server and sit inside--enjoy the deck on appropriate days.

2  Thank 1NCfoodie
Reviewed May 28, 2013

So brief history- this place was introduced to me a couple of years ago and I became a huge fan and left several wonderful reviews for my past experiences. I had even brought my sister-in-law and her friends, my girlfriends and then my family on the weekend after Mother's Day. We went to have breakfast three days in a row and to have such an adverse experience for two consecutive days I am sure that I will never visit this place again. On May 18 my immediate family and I went and had a great experience. The following day our extended family came down and had breakfast with us again at Made 2 Order except this time it seemed that the service was subpar. I think that was because we were a party of 9 and the server knew that the tip was included- interestingly enough the server became more polite and attentive at the end of the meal before the bill came. Okay no problem, maybe the woman was having a bad day so I let it slide and didn't let this dampen my day. I even went back the following day because I sincerely believed it was just a fluke and had an even worse experience. It was Monday May 20 on our way home from Islamorada and a great weekend family vacation we decided to stop in again and wanted to sit outside like always. We were greeted by the same server we had two days prior who told us that they were no longer seating outside because of the light drizzle. (Side note: I am an avid scuba diver, snorkeler, swimmer and native Floridian- yes born and raised- and never does anyone pull you out of the water or force you inside unless there is lightening) I was told by the waiter in the most disrespectful sarcastic manner "thanks for thinking of my health.." in reference to the few drops. I tried to politely explain to him that it was not my intention to put him at risk of the non-existant lightening, however he proceeded to be rude and condescending by telling us that we could leave. Having worked in customer service for more than a decade, I would have never spoken to my customers in such a manner. Perhaps this guy and the lady who served us the day prior forget that in the Keys all the business that small businesses receive is from tourists and those of us who take the hour and a half hike from Miami for a good breakfast. With an awful experience, not one but two days in a row, I am definitely not going back. Those of you that I have recommended to this place, you are better off getting a warm meal (maybe not as creative) and way better service at the local Dennys. I am beyond disappointed and rather let down.