“Very good!”

Sunrise Cuban Cafe and Market
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Tavernier
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Authentic Cuban Food ~ Cuban CoffeeBreakfast / Lunch / DinnerEat-in or Take OutCafeteria style / counter order / table order
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Every year we get a takeaway feast from Sunrise Market for the entire family - pork shoulder, fried plantains, Cuban rice & beans, Cuban bread & all the fixings. It's amazing food and very affordable. The new owner has only been there 3 years and he is very friendly. Highly recommend! Also the coffee is excellent and much less expensive than Starbucks.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

A Cuban Coffee at Sunrise in Tavernier will speed you happily to Key West if you're headed that way or all the way up to Miami and beyond....

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I knew as soon as I walked in the door I would like this place. The prepared dishes are visible behind the counter and look great. I wanted a Cuban sandwich but ordered that and the rope Vieja platter with rice and platanos Madura also. The bread is made fresh at the store and for sale at the market. Our server was great!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We ate here for dinner one night and the food is amazing! It was so delicious words could not decribe. Since it was more of a cafe there was not as much service as you would get at a restaurant but it was fine. The server brought us one drink and then our food but that was all we really needed anyways.
We left about $4 or so in a tip which was all we felt the service was worth. Once my brother-in-law left his signed copy of the receipt the server says we should have left a total of $6 in tips. So he tried to hand her over another $2 because it was not that big of a deal and she had the nerve to say "If my service was not good enough then keep your money".
I find that very disrespectful and a lack of customer service. If I ever said something along that line at my job I would not have a job!
So my suggestion....order your food to go!

2  Thank Fl0r1dal0v3r
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Me and my whole (cuban) family used to LOVE this place and eat here and pick up food multiple times a week. Since new managment they've gone down hill like crazy, prices are higher and the food quality just isn't what it used to be. I haven't gone to them in over a month because of this.

1  Thank Sublime305407