“Consistantly Great Sushi”

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Tavares, Florida
“Consistantly Great Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have visited this restaurant 3 times and had great food on all occasions. The only reason for the very good rating is that the atmosphere is not consistent with the food. I recently took my daughter and her family there when they visited from Boston and it was fun to look at the expression on her face when we walked in, but after the appetizer arrived, she understood why we were there and they are anxious to go back when we visit again.
The bottom line here is a very pleasant staff with outstanding food at a reasonable price. Once you find it and get past the looks of the place, it's 5 stars all the way.

• Visited February 2014

Mount Dora, Florida
“Best Thai restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Thai Jasmine has the best sushi and Thai food I ever had, we eat here at least twice a week. Pad Thai is delicious! Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Mount Dora, Florida
“Best Food Around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Thai Jasmine may not look like much from the outside, but the food and staff are amazing! My family and I come at least once a week and always have a great experience. The flavors, variety, and presentation of the food and sushi are exceptional and the food is delicious. Also, the prices are great it is such a value. The sushi chef, waitresses, owners, and every member of the staff is so nice and helpful, and the food is literally the best Thai around not to mention just the best food in town. Thai Jasmine is the best around and is definitely not to be missed!!

1 Thank Molly M
Central Florida, Florida
“Snake Bite”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I remember when I was 17, a Biology teacher challenged me to pick up a rat snake out of the cage in front of the Class. I slowly reached in and the snake bit me yet, trying a different approach, I tried again and, of course, it bit me again. Same o-same o- here. The "Thai Jasmine & Sushi House" just doesn't seem to get any better. In lieu of Odum Thai in Mount Dora not being opened on a Monday night, we thought, what the hay, 'give it another try'. My wife ordered the Pad Thai while I ordered the 14 pc. Sashimi Dinner. The Miso Soup was extra cost (normally included at other venues). It took almost 55 minutes to prepare/serve our dinners and the restaurant only had 4 tables occupied (10 people total in attendance). My wife, the Kindest Person in the World, rated the Pad Thai "just okay" and I have to say, the Sashimi Dinner was the poorest presentation EVER experienced, having eaten Sushi for exactly 30 years. The seafood was served in chunks thrown on 2 Romaine Lettuce leaf's... in a Bowl. That's it. Normally, it would be a beautiful presentation, a Chef's proud 'work of art' with delicately sliced pieces placed in an attractive array, all at the same exact price served here! Total tab with 2 brewskies $35.20.
I might have been stupid enough to enter the cage a 2nd time 50 years ago- but, never again here.

Altoona, Florida, United States
“It was OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been into sushi lately. We heard good things about this place so we went by to try it. The food was good compared with other local sushi shops. But I can go to other places and get a better value and a much better atmosphere. The employees were dressed like they just walked off the street. Maybe worse.

• Visited August 2013