“Great Thai Food”

Good for: Families with children
Mount Dora, Florida
“Great Thai Food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

All of your favorite Thai foods served promptly and courteously with your choice of beer wine. Great soups and stir fry dishes.

Visited November 2012

Central Florida
“Why didn't we go there sooner!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

My wife received a gift certificate months ago for Thai Jasmine and when we realized where it was we weren't motivated to go. Considering the outside look of the place we stored away the gift certificate. After word of mouth and reading reviews we decided to take a stab at it. My 12 year old son who loves sushi (the cooked i should add) came along. Since we were just trying out the food we decided to order to go. As soon as we walked in an employee greeted us. She gave us a menu and we perused it. Any questions I had the employees were quick and friendly to answer. After ordering my son and I sat watching the olympics. My son says he thinks Thai Jasmine has a great atmosphere. I'm ok with the atmosphere but gave it a five for my son. While waiting the sushi maker was really nice and offered us drinks as we waited. It was ready in no time. We took it home and shared it between my son, wife and I. We got a single dinner portion of Pad Thai, a spider roll and a spring roll. This fed all three of us with generous proportions. Total cost $26.11 . I would gladly go back!

Mount Dora, Florida
“Classless, Avoid!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

How a restaurant or hotel handles a problem tells you everything. We waited 1 hour and fifteen minutes for 3 out of 4 entrees. The 4th entree was completely forgotten. At an hour and 45 minutes into all of this the 4th entree arrived.

They completely neglected the situation:

1. There was No ownership of the problem.
2. There was No apology.
3. There was No remedy or compensation offered.

Instead, we got excuses, justification, and a complete lack of care. We could not speak to a manager. The seeming man in charge, vanished into the back from making sushi, never to return.

Our server, handed us the bill with 10% off, we will not return. Their prices do not justify the sketchy location, quality of the food, or the dingy-old decor.

There are better places to spend your time and money in Lake County.

• Visited May 2012
Astatula, Florida, United States
“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Although this restaurant looks a little sketchy from the outside, the food and service are amazing. The sushi is great as are the other menu choices. The food is authentic and you can really taste the difference. For the local area, it is the best Asian food option.

• Visited December 2011
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Consistently Good Food and a Warm Welcome”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I eat at Thai Jasmine 2-3 times a month, often with friends, and always enjoy ourselves. The surroundings are modest and it's in a somewhat shabby strip-mall, but don't let that deter you. The dishes are consistently well-prepared and there's always a warm welcome. Service can sometimes be a bit uneven if it's a busy night but we don't mind the wait as we so enjoy the food. It's hard to stray from the great Pad Thai but, when I do, I've been happy with whatever I ordered. My husband, a former chef, is very conscious of food safety and this is one of the few places he'll order the sushi. It's reasonably priced as well!

• Visited March 2012