“wonderful stay”

Reviewed May 17, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Please don't bother with this place. Many amenities are broken and appear to have been broken for a long time ex..hot tub, soda machines...pool was too dirty to enter....
Staff seemed to be unmotivated....
Leaky roof at the main entrance....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joe0215
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I reserved 10 rooms for the week of the Leesburg bikefest. I was making the reservation over the phone with Charlotte who was very nice. The price was $125/night plus $13 tax. Two of the rooms were for myself. When I checked in on April 26, the general manager, Harry, asked me if I had reserved the rooms at different times because the price for one was $125/night and the price for the other was $139/night plus $15 tax. I told him the rooms had been reserved at the same time and the $139 was mistake; that was the price with the tax. He told me that was not the case. When I tried to argue the point, he yelled "don't get nasty with me; I can charge you what it says there, which is $139 plus tax." He eventually acquiesced however he was quite rude about it. There was no problem with the room. Breakfast included hot food - eggs, hash browns, and home made waffles, all of which were good. The next day Charlotte was at the front desk and she was pleasant as always. I would have given this hotel a higher score but the attitude of the manager turned me off. Also, the pillows were huge which was uncomfortable. But the room was clean - no issues there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel isn't the best one in the world, but it was ok at best. We had two rooms an both toilets acted up at the same time and had to be "unclogged". The hall ways of the building smelled like cigarets and I guess the buildings air conditioner was broke because it was really hot everywhere but our room.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

On another basketball weekend. I choose this property because is located near the venue we would be at and I have Best Western points. Hotel is located across from large hospital and medical center but there is no noise to worry about. The hotel is only about six years old and the exterior is well maintained, the lobby is quite nice and modern design.
The rooms however do not reflect the same style. I little frumpy, the bathroom layout a little awkward with door and commode and tub fighting for space. Not a deal breaker just a moment when you say – hmm. The pillows were larger, not the new small style that is popular everywhere. Breakfast was adequate. A little mold in bathroom nothing a good scrubbing wouldn’t take care of but overall clean.
I used points so I couldn’t complain but I don’t think this would be my first pick but then again the rate was under $90 with AAA. Travel basketball is expensive so saving money is important.
Don’t expect a four star hotel and you will be just fine – nice staff and a clean place to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while working in the area. My first impression upon walking into the beautifully decorated lobby was that I might be at the wrong hotel, considering the great rate. The lobby gives the ambiance of a much pricier hotel. The entire place is clean and well maintained. The front desk staff, especially Charlotte, went out of their way to make the stay a very pleasant one. The room was clean and comfortable. There were a few stains and wear on the chair and ottoman, but nothing terrible. The a/c unit worked well and was quiet. The television selection and reception were excellent. The wi-fi was one of the better ones I have had recently, fairly quick and no signal issues.
The bed was very comfortable, with large pillows.
I guess if I had to throw in a negative, it is a minor one. The shower head could use replacement. I love good water pressure, but this one had 2 settings--beat you to submission with pressure, or spread the spray out so far you had to run around in the tub to get wet. Someone else had mentioned the towels--they are soft and don't smell of bleach! Such a nice change.
The room had the usual amenities-- coffee maker, fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board, hair dryer. I didn't use the iron this week, but the rest all worked fine.
The breakfast was very well presented. Cereals, fruit, breads, waffle maker. They also offered scrambled eggs, ssausage, biscuits. Definitely something for everyone.
At first, I thought it was a bit out of the way, but there are restaurants (Applebees, Sonic and others) just a short distance away and a couple of miles west are a number of other restaurants and shopping.
I will gladly stay at this hotel again when I am in the area, and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel and it continues to be an excellent place to stay if you are traveling with a pet. Rooms are large and clean. Everything works and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The only issue we had was the fourth floor apparently is half smoking and half nonsmoking because the cigarette smell was fairly strong. We will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavares
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Hampton Inn Mount Dora
#1 of 5 in Mount Dora
5 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora

Been to Best Western Plus Lake County Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!