Comfort Inn & Suites of Tavares
$81
QualityInn
Royal Inn(Eustis)
$72
All reviewslake countybest western hoteldirectly across the streetlobby and breakfast arearoom was cleanstay there againbest westernsbeautiful lobbyexcellent hotelflorida hospitalbreakfast was includedstaying at this hotelper nightnice breakfasthot breakfastyogurtthree nights
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel isn't the best one in the world, but it was ok at best. We had two rooms an both toilets acted up at the same time and had to be "unclogged". The hall ways of the building smelled like cigarets and I guess the buildings air conditioner was broke because it was really hot everywhere but our room.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

On another basketball weekend. I choose this property because is located near the venue we would be at and I have Best Western points. Hotel is located across from large hospital and medical center but there is no noise to worry about. The hotel is only about six years old and the exterior is well maintained, the lobby is quite nice and modern design.
The rooms however do not reflect the same style. I little frumpy, the bathroom layout a little awkward with door and commode and tub fighting for space. Not a deal breaker just a moment when you say – hmm. The pillows were larger, not the new small style that is popular everywhere. Breakfast was adequate. A little mold in bathroom nothing a good scrubbing wouldn’t take care of but overall clean.
I used points so I couldn’t complain but I don’t think this would be my first pick but then again the rate was under $90 with AAA. Travel basketball is expensive so saving money is important.
Don’t expect a four star hotel and you will be just fine – nice staff and a clean place to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while working in the area. My first impression upon walking into the beautifully decorated lobby was that I might be at the wrong hotel, considering the great rate. The lobby gives the ambiance of a much pricier hotel. The entire place is clean and well maintained. The front desk staff, especially Charlotte, went out of their way to make the stay a very pleasant one. The room was clean and comfortable. There were a few stains and wear on the chair and ottoman, but nothing terrible. The a/c unit worked well and was quiet. The television selection and reception were excellent. The wi-fi was one of the better ones I have had recently, fairly quick and no signal issues.
The bed was very comfortable, with large pillows.
I guess if I had to throw in a negative, it is a minor one. The shower head could use replacement. I love good water pressure, but this one had 2 settings--beat you to submission with pressure, or spread the spray out so far you had to run around in the tub to get wet. Someone else had mentioned the towels--they are soft and don't smell of bleach! Such a nice change.
The room had the usual amenities-- coffee maker, fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board, hair dryer. I didn't use the iron this week, but the rest all worked fine.
The breakfast was very well presented. Cereals, fruit, breads, waffle maker. They also offered scrambled eggs, ssausage, biscuits. Definitely something for everyone.
At first, I thought it was a bit out of the way, but there are restaurants (Applebees, Sonic and others) just a short distance away and a couple of miles west are a number of other restaurants and shopping.
I will gladly stay at this hotel again when I am in the area, and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel and it continues to be an excellent place to stay if you are traveling with a pet. Rooms are large and clean. Everything works and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The only issue we had was the fourth floor apparently is half smoking and half nonsmoking because the cigarette smell was fairly strong. We will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is a nice Best Western. We lodged here while visiting close by Mt. Dora. Our room was clean and orderly. The front desk staff were friendly and polite although they knew very little about area restaurants. The hotel is quite friendly to pets.

While not a destination itself, it is a nice place to stay. We'd go back.

Room Tip: Our room was on an upper floor away from the elevators and was super quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple