“Fulfilled all our needs for time there AND is Beautiful facility as well!”

Best Western Plus Lake County Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tavares
Gilroy, California
“Fulfilled all our needs for time there AND is Beautiful facility as well!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We were there to be near the kids and grandkids while still having our own retreat for rest and relaxation since they have a busy life full of activities and farm animals. As it turned out they thought grandma's and gramp's "place" was great fun and so did we. The pool and hot tub were clean and restrooms close by. The room was wonderful and spacious enough for hide and go seek and breakfast was to gramp's liking. A high mark to hit! The business center and Internet access help us keep up with our business in CA and print boarding passes as needed.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Aggie T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for business for 3 days and I was very impressed. The hotel was very clean and the staff was excellent. Good breakfast each morning. Would recommend this hotel for business or personal travel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill M
Sun Lakes, Arizona, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had to make a quick trip to Florida to care for parents who were in the hospital. This facility is directly across the street from the hospital, which made it very convenient. I found a great rate on the internet, so I booked it. My husband and I spent a week in the hotel; rooms were spacious and clean with the basic amenities. The breakfast buffet was standard stuff and got to be quite boring morning after morning (powdered scrambled eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, mystery meat (something that might have pretended to be turkey bacon but was so weird looking, I wasn't about to try it), cereal, yogurt (same kind every day), etc. The staff was always friendly and helpful.
The bed was comfortable, the towels were thin; one day, we got none from housekeeping. Didn't notice it until time for our showers in the morning so hand towels and wash cloths did the trick. Would I stay again? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Be sure to check ALL rates for Best Western this summer as they are running a really inexpensive rat...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Charlene C
Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I am more disgusted with Expedia..since I bought this room anticipating a bargain and got/paid regular retail price...which means I could not cancel and coud not even get my AARP discount! No deals at all..However, on the plus side: very nice king room..quiet...overlooking orange groves...on the minus side: cheap towels so thin I could see through them..the hotel could spend a few dollars there and also on heating the jacuzzi/hot tub, which was COLD!!! (They did admit when asked that it was not heated..they rely on the sunshine for that...) Very little local info or delivery services for food and nothing within walking distance..but Hubby RAVED over the free continental breakfast and said he would come back..and from a retired chef this was HIGH accolades.....Dealt with two receptionists...one was very nice, the other could user a few lessons on customer service.....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Georgia USA
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is a new Best Western. Very pretty lobby.... consistent. Full breakfast. predictable. Pool and hot tub are locked after dark.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 10, 2012

not anything outstanding, its not a top line chain so can't expect that. Stayed here for 3 nights a couple weeks back when my father in law underwent bypass across the street at the florida hospital.

It was a good stay and the breakfast was a nice touch. Rooms were in good condition and the lobby was nice, good pool.

The hot tub wasnt hot it seems the heating function wasnt working properly. For those with allergies it is a pet friendly hotel so you may want to look elsewhere we werent aware of this until we were in the hotel fortunately it didnt affect my daughter who does have some allergies.

All in all it was a pretty good stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2012

For the price, the hotel exceeded our expectations. No, this isn't a 5 star hotel like the Ritz, but we didn't pay a 5 star price. For the money this is a very nice hotel. We needed a hotel near Mt. Dora that accepted pets and this is the one we chose and we are delighted we did.
When a hotel offers a complimentary breakfast, I only expect cereal, bread products, fruit and maybe a waffle machine. This hotel additionally served hot scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon - a bonus in my book.
We love to travel with our dog so finding a nice, comfortable hotel that takes pets is always a top priority for us.
The room was very clean and had everything we needed - 2 comfortable beds, a microwave and refrigerator and even a kitchen sink.
There was a desk with a high speed internet port. I've seen complaints about the wifi not working for some people, but when I booked, the hotel room amenities only listed high speed internet, not wi-fi, so I didn't expect it and I always travel with an ethernet cable. The front desk offered me one too.
The pool area was very nice as well. The staff was nice and always accommodating.
We didn't get HBO, but that is really the only set-back we had, which didn't matter to us really.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavares
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Key West Resort on Lake Dora
Quality Inn and Suites Mount Dora
Hampton Inn Mount Dora
Hampton Inn Mount Dora
#1 of 5 in Mount Dora
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora
Best Western Plus Chain Of Lakes Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Lake County Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!