Inn on the Green
$109
$81
Royal Inn(Eustis)
$72
All reviewsroom was cleannice poolswimming poolhome away from homefloridasink
Reviewed February 29, 2012

From the first minutes we spent looking out over the lake, watching the sun set, and just enjoying the beautiful landscaped grounds of this Grand Motel in sunny Tavares Florida. The staff was great, cant think of anything they would'nt have done for us....really, Ken the manager offered us an extre night at half price just to get us to stay longer...wished we could have.All the house keepers were friendly and helpful.....oh well. We'll be back soon !!

Room Tip: First floor side was super nice, close to parking, pool, vending..
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2012

First let me tell you that while I was not on vacation I was having a very stresssful situation in my life. I checked in to a lovely old inn in tavares Fl. to try and get my head together and make some critical decisions in my life. The staff, from day one was courteous and super helpful. My room was quiet, nicely decorated and exceptionally large and clean. The staff made me feel safe and welcome. The view of the lake was a great. Sue the housekeeper was great to talk to and really helped me see life in a new light. I spent several hours in the lobby, on the computer and Ken hepled me navigate several different sights. You may think this this is overkill about this hotel. but if you are having a tough time in life it sure is a lot more reasonable than a psychiatrist. I would recommend this place to anyone. The area is full of things to do and places to see.
Sincerely
M. A. Nolan

Room Tip: Ask for second floor facing the lake!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank molly34388
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Staff members were very friendly, which makes it difficult to write this review. The main reason we stayed was this was the only property we could find near Mount Dora that would accept large dogs. Still, for the sake of other travelers I have to say I would never return. There was the unmistakeable odor of mold in our room. We toughed it out, but deliberately stayed out all day and late into night to not return to our rooms. The facilities have been long neglected. The wall a/c units were very old and dusty. The carpets are in dire need of replacement. All adds up to very bad indoor air quality, left me sick and watery-eyed. We all had trouble sleeping. Property just looks run-down and renovations done on the cheap. Definitely cannot recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank masoto13
innonthegreenfl, Webmaster at Inn on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We also appreciate your review and observations which shall really help us to improve further.

Additional measures have been taken to ensure the best cleanliness and proper amenities in the rooms.

We also have taken all the steps to ensure that our guests get the best services and hospitality during their stay.

We invite you once again to choose our hotel again and feel the new experience of hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

While traveling from Arkansas to Miami one of our two cars was involved in accident near Tavaris. Our daughter was the lone occupant in her car and sustained a head injury and was taken by ambulance to the local hospital. We were advised by hospital personnel to check into another motel. Thank God we missed it on the highway but saw Inn on The Green and checked in there. From the moment we walked into the office we were treated royally. Night clerk, Phil, was very understanding and compassionate in selecting a room for us. We were very pleased with the cleanleness and size of the room. Because of our situation we had some special needs, fax machine, directions, recommendations for car rental and an attorney and other things. Kenneth and his staff were very sincerely helpful and efficient in providing for our needs.
Thank you Ken, Phil and staff. God bless you.
We recommend Inn on the Green. Dick and Wanda

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dick H
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Had a great time at the extravaganza and was very pleased with our room at the Inn on the Green. Loved the area and will definitely go back. Great staff and our housekeeper was excellant. I really found a great place to stay!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room facing the lake and it was so peaceful
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family