“under new management, by nice people !”

Classic Inn of Tavares
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Tavares
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“under new management, by nice people !”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I've stayed here twice in the past few months. The rooms are basic and clean and and odor-free. the beds are comfortable and having a frig and microwave were very useful. it's a bargain compared to rates in the area. i looked at other motels along this corridor and they were all about the same quality. parking right in front of the room. I was concerned about road noise as it is located on a busy road but it was quiet in the rooms. if you are looking for a resort...go elsewhere but if your focus is a clean, quick, cheap night off the road...it is the best value.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Deborah34227

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I reserved a 2 week stay at what I thought was a basic, clean motel in order to handle a family emergency . Another family member was already staying there for several days and said the rooms were okay. My room had a shower curtain so moldy and full of body odor that the bathroom stunk. The towels had black stains on them. The bedding had multiple long black hairs there and the room was very shabby. When I asked at the desk why the room was in such poor condition, I was advised that rooms rented by the week were not maintained the same as the rooms rented by the night because the weekly rate was discounted. Since I needed to stay 2 weeks, I asked for my money back and was refunded most, but told I must pay the daily rate for one night even though I left without staying there, because in examining the room "I had messed up the room." I guess looking at the sheets and towels and presenting the disgusting shower curtain to the manager constituted messing up the room. I complained to Americas Best HQ, but they claimed each motel is run independently and all they offered was a reply from the manager , in which he didn't deny my findings, but considered that I did not leave the room in its original condition and thus, was not due a refund for the night, I am pursuing this through the FL BBB. The America's Best did say that they would investigate the cleanliness of the motel further.

5 Thank Grace60811

Travelers are raving about these Tavares hotels

Matlacha, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2011

If only we could have stayed there 30 years ago.
In its day it may have been a nice place, but for the price we paid and the shape it was in it will be our one and only time.
When we got there we got to see the kids bikes laying by the front door. Then we went inside and found the kids behind the counter with the owner/operator. On the floor behind the counter was newspapers with some kind of rabbit or animal food.

Things wrong with the place-
Gum and nastyness on the stairwells, Door was broken and lock falling apart, Stains on all the chairs, Carpet mismatched with dirt and grime all over it, Smoke alarm broken and laying on the desk, Stains on the shower curtian, mismatched ceiling tiles and trim and Stains and nasty stuff on the head board.
Dog friendly- Yes they are but they want cash for the dog fee.
After staying there my dog need a bath when he got home!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vagogh
lake worth, florida
Reviewed April 27, 2010

the room was in clean order, the shower was horrible the first night, then the manager replaced the shower head. the towels were old and not absobent, they should be replaced, there was no place to hang clothes, the a/c worked great! overall it was a fair place for a fair price during the event. if it we not for Shamir Desai, we would not have enjoyed our stay here. the place is old but it has been kept up, try putting some decorations in the rooms and dress it up a little. the comforters are old and should be replaced and the beds are weak, old and very springy and should be relaced.

thanks,

Donald k Taylor

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank taylormade1
Cape Coral
Reviewed April 26, 2010

This past weekend, we had a group of friends that were attending a function in nearby Leesburgh, Fl. We had intended to stay at a different hotel but were informed shortly before this trip that they overbooked and had found comparable accomodations.
After check in, my roomate and I (2 adult males) proceeded to our room which consisted of 2 full size beds. We immediately noticed feces in the toilet and noted that the room was a mess. Upon further inspection, we observed a dead lizard and pubic hairs in the sheets.
This was relayed to the front desk and shortly thereafter an elderly couple came and changed she sheets. We asked them if they could supply us with hand towels, soap and shampoo and we were told that they don't have these ammenities.
After settling in, we discovered that the toilet was not functioning properly. ( One would need to spend 10 minutes or so and several flushes to make the toilet useable for the next. In short, after refusing a room w/ a King size bed for 2 men. They called the Police to have us evicted.

• Stayed April 2010
2 Thank MarkBCapeCoral
Current City
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We booked 5 rooms during the Bike event in Leesburg. The guy at the desk is clueless and very rude. There is only 1 ice machine for the entire facility here and no trash cans.

Of the 5 rooms, one room the air conditioning did not work at all, one of the rooms had not been cleaned and had poop in the toilet (disgusting), 1 room the toilet would not flush at all.

When we complained to the front desk, we were told there were no other rooms available, and there was no one on duty who could fix it. When we complained about the conditions to the manager, he got mad and calls the police. They show up and tell us we have to leave the property or be arrested for trespassing. Be advised during Bike Week there are no rooms available. The manager refused to give the credit for the night... please do yourselves a favor and stay someplace else.

• Stayed April 2010
2 Thank EliHickey
st augustine
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Great place to stay. Manager helpful and friendly. Clean.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ronnasol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavares
Best Western Plus Lake County Inn & Suites
Key West Resort on Lake Dora
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Inn on the Green
Inn on the Green
#6 of 8 in Tavares
Quality Inn and Suites Mount Dora
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora

Been to Classic Inn of Tavares? Share your experiences!