“Al's Top Shelf” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al's Landing - CLOSED

Al's Landing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Al's Top Shelf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Let me explain about this place. There is a restaurant downstairs called Al's landing and one on top of that is called Al's Top Shelf. I went to the upstairs restaurant for brunch with a friend today and it was amazing. We are going to take the wives there next Sunday for Brunch.

For $15 we got all we could eat omelets that were so light and fluffy that I could have eaten 2 of them. They stuffed it full of fresh mushrooms, feta or gouda cheese and anything else you could imagine. Next came the pancakes. They were cranberry pancakes and of a texture and flavor like none I have ever had before. They are also all you could eat and to be honest I wanted to eat a lot. I can't describe how light they were but thin and almost crispy as well. After being in Paris this Spring I think that I prefer these things more than crepes. There is a full bar too but it was brunch sooo.

Next came a salad with everything you could want and a home made blu cheese dressing. It was also good and fresh. I could only handle one bowl after the omelet and pancakes. The service was better than I expected. The waitress was friendly and checked on us constantly. The chef even came out and talked to us for about 5 minutes before disappearing, he was friendly and is obviously passionate about what he does.

As far as atmosphere I was amazed to find this place in Tavares. There is a deck that overlooks the water and you can watch all of the sea planes and everything else from the second story deck. I would recommend this place for brunch and will add a dinner review next week.

• Visited September 2012

Melbourne, Florida
“Fun, even though the dogs were not impressed with the train.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Pet friendly. We met fellow dog club members there for lunch. our three were treated like the kings they are. Good food with those twists that take sandwiches beyond bar food, like salom on ciabatta, and avocado on the burgers.

Visited September 2012
Longboat Key, Florida
“Love to watch the planes fly in...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a fun place with pretty good food , but the best part is watching the Seaplanes fly in , some driving up the ramp --- practically to the front door !

Visited September 2012
“Fun, Unique, Relaxed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

ALS Landing, or Al's Landing, is a cute spot in Tavares to grab a good drink from the bar or a cold beer, a hamburger or similar. Quiet, but active, overlooking the water and the frequent seaplanes, the restaurant offers up a nice menu, pretty darn good food from the kitchen and friendly service. The prices are a good value, just slightly high, but I wonder if we all aren't just seeing the inevitable cost of a disasterous year in the food chain. We have been here several times and have tried out a variety of their offerings. Each was fresh, each was tasty. And we will return. A great local hangout.

Visited August 2012
“Great burgers and view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Would recommend ? Great beer selection. Some unique dishes? Outside or inside dining. Can walk around and look at sea planes after dinner.

Visited May 2012