“A little bit of Greece”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

You could well be in any beach resort in Greece - a bit scruffy and unkempt, dirty around the edges and
Crowded BUT food was great and service good
Very large portions and a good
Choice of dishes make for an authentic experience and taste
Don't let the lines put you off as most people move thru quickly - which is where it differs from Greece - where people take for ever to eat because it's about the experience as well as the food
Plenty of locals eating during our visit - it's always great to hear Greek being spoken by other diners when in a Greek Restaurant

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Last minute decision to make lunch in Tarpon Springs "on the way home". Sunday afternoon, bustling streets, a recommendation from a local, and the next thing you know, Greek food at its best. Local flair, Greek beer,Greek salads, and one of almost everything on the menu...
Best meal of the weekend... Thanks

Reviewed February 2, 2014

You'll feel like you're in Greece when you enter Mykonos, an authentic Greek restaurant on the Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs. The menu features daily fresh fish as well as classic Greek dishes like souvlaki, saganiki, lamb shank (done about 3 or 4 different ways) and - my favorite - chargrilled octopus, shrimp and calamari served with tomatoes, cucumbers, in olive oil and lemon juice. Delicious! The wait staff appears to be local Greek ladies and they treat you like you're at their homes. One of my best friends, who's from Athens, tells me the stuffed grape leaves are one of his favorite dishes in Tarpon. Note: There's a free parking lot in the back for diners here with a driveway on the east side of the restaurant that's easy to miss.

2  Thank JoanJ10701
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Usually in Greek places you see the meat on those big spindle things right out front. I didn't see it. Did I miss it? I was told some restaurants use boxed gyro meat. Yikes! I had a gyro sandwich, it was ok. The tzaztiki is the absolute best I've ever had, I would eat there just for that alone.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I can see that they don't need my good review, but I'll leave it anyway. I don't remember the names of our dishes. Mine was lamb and rice, my friend's was eggplant. Both were very good, and hot. I had enough to bring home for lunch today!

The waitress was wonderful. The place was very busy, every table occupied, and people waiting when we left. The waitress (longish black hair, slight accent, in 40's?) acknowledged every party that entered, was working very hard, and managed to stay friendly and personable. She works six days a week, and sometimes a double shift, and deserves every penny of every tip (hint, hint!)