“Quiet! Clean!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tarpon Springs
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
“Quiet! Clean!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was a little concerned about the cleanliness based on other posters. Not a concern. Our room was apparently recently renovated and was in good condition. And it was so quiet. We were on back side overlooking a parking lot. Since we spent very few daylight hours in our room, the view wasn't a factor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
ottawa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We booked into this hotel for two nights after reading many reviews and satisfying myself that it was a good choice. What a mistake. Our room 110 was way below my expectations. First, the bathroom had no towel rack or even hook, the tub was the plastic type with a permanent dirty look, the grout was black and the wallpaper was starting to fall off. The room did not have a luggage rack and in the morning we woke to a very strong sewer gas smell which only lessened after flushing the toilet a few times. I will say the bed was comfortable and the linens were good quality but the rest made us leave a night early. I did tell the front staff and received an apology and information that pool facing rooms are updated. Would have been useful to know this prior.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank louloo_8
Michael E, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Michael Espinosa
727-934-5781
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I'm going to try and be brief for this one, so I'm only going to mention things others haven't yet. The room overall was a disappointment, from the smell of musty mixed w/ body odor to the tile & grout in the bathroom and around the tub, to the furnishings (Mid 1970's style), to the damp carpet (that my girls & I wouldn't walk on w/o socks). The outside of this entire building in 100% better shape than anywhere on the inside. It was quiet, though, so maybe I should be happy that we didn't get a room on the pool side, which I requested in advance. I'll end it by saying, thank God my wife wasn't with us as she was traveling on business.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back left, opposite the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank John H
Michael E, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Michael Espinosa
727-934-5781
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

The room we had smelled moldy and musty as soon as we walked in. I thought it would get better once we put the A/C on but no luck, it stunk all night.

The outside of the building is nice and well maintained, as is the breakfast room.

The breakfast was actually very impressive. They had bacon and sausages when usually you only get one or the other. They also had eggs, warm biscuts and the usual pastry things. The attendants kept it well stocked and greeted every guest as they walked in with a friendly "good morning sir".

The room though, was a disappointment. The bathroom was just too old to even try to clean which made it disgusting. The shower was so entrenched with filth and mold that I refused to shower in it. I can't blame the cleaning staff though, this was something that no amount of scrubbing could clean. The rest of the room was clean though and the carpets looked newer.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank traceyincanada
Brockville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Tarpon Springs is an oasis for sponge seekers. For a restful night and a quiet swim, this Quality Inn is perfect after a long day at the local docks, a baseball game, or shopping. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and quiet. The front desk staff are extraordinary and welcome a call if we needed something special.

Room Tip: Book your room on the pool side if you prefer the quiet away from local traffic.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Guy T
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room for 17 nights and checked out after 4 and stayed in 2 rooms. The first room was filthy. Mold behind the faucets, corners of bathroom and room all dirty. When I wiped up spilled water under the sink and the towel was black, I switched rooms. Second room was just as dirty. Mold around tub, fridge was disgusting. Faucets leaked and all kind of black stuff leaked out. The worse was the stain on the bathroom floor which looked like blood. This place is old, worn and needs a serious cleaning.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rich F
Michael E, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Richard, I'am concerned about the issues that you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one.
At this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. Therefore, it is disappointing to learn that you are unhappy.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience of the issues may have caused.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We got to the motel about 2 pm and got into our room right away. A very beautiful place with a Marina in the back. It is very close to the sponge docks. We would definitely stay here again. JOY WAS AN EXCELLENT HOST AND BARTENDER. She told us of a great pizza place and kept us with some great company during the wait.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs
Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trinity
BEST WESTERN PLUS Yacht Harbor Inn

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!