“Adequate”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tarpon Springs
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I rented a suite to celebrate my sons return from a successful tour of Europe. I was disappointed that after being told the hotel had WiFi to find out they didn't have it in the suites. They should have mentioned this to me since I had specifically asked about it. The in room phone did not work, the furnishings were very worn and there was a wasp nest right outside our room. The hotel did send someone up with a can of bug spray but hardly a fix.

The breakfast was typical except the waffle maker didn't heat evenly so everyone had a semi- cooked waffle.

I was very disappointed and will not ever go back.

Room Tip: The suites are on the US 19 side of the hotel and get all the road noise, don't have WiFi and ar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just spent 5 nights here and were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was, especially in the off-season. Got upgraded. Room very comfortable and quiet (away from road and pool). Very good breakfast. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Only problem was very poor Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Back side is quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dick K
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Checked in and stayed for 4 nights here. The lady at the front was very nice and it was a very convenient location right off the main road. Our room was great, clean enough (carpets are kinda old, but sheets & towels were clean), had a fridge and microwave, flat screen TV.
We were focused on the price here and got a great deal so we were happy.
Free breakfast in the morning 7-10 was a definite plus.
Easy parking.
3 minutes away from the resort everyone else was staying at (innisbrook), saved 50% staying here!
Highly recommend staying!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ucla123
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Awesome hotel. Got upgraded for free to poolside when we checked in. Yes I'm a choice member. I was surprising my best friend of 22 years for her birthday. Away from family. Lol. Hotel was very clean. Room was very clean, bathroom was very clean, no wishing on anything. Had a drink at the bar area and that was very reasonable priced. We were going to tarpon springs the next day and the night manager pulled out maps for us, highlighted how to get there and where some great places to see were at. Thank you for a wonderful time. Next morning ate breakfast which had hot scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, biscuits and gravy, besides the cold foods, fruit, juice, coffee etc. only comment is that it ended at 9:00 on a weekend. Wished it was open until 10:00. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Northfloridamom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was my second stay at this property but my first time traveling without my husband. I actually traveled 30 minutes out of my way to stay here. I knew I would have a clean room, a safe location and plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby if needed. This is not a new property and the rooms may show a little bit of wear but still very adequate.
There was coffee set up in the breakfast area as early as 6:00AM. The breakfast dining area is quite large but since I don't eat breakfast at the motels, I can't really comment on that.
I definitely will stay here again if my travels take me back to Tarpon Springs.

Room Tip: I did not have a microwave or fridge in my room. I was staying only the one night and did not need...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night after taking kids to sponge docks. Good value I felt... Older decor in the room and bathroom; a fridge and microwave were in the room. I liked the french doors that opened to the patio. It was clean and my kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Hot Breakfast was included (eggs, sausage etc.). My online rate was not for poolside but the desk agent gladly upgraded my room with no additional charge. The property seemed well maintained and was quiet.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights mid-week in July. This Hotel, while a little older can't be beat for the money, Especially if your are a Choice Hotels Privileges member. We even got early checkin and an upgrade to a pool front room. The room was large with a very comfortable king bed, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and flat screen tv. Breakfast was fresh and tasty with 4 or 5 hot items including eggs, bacon, waffles, oatmeal and biscuits and gravy. Fresh fruit too. Location is good for the area.

Room Tip: Do not get a ground floor room on the parking lot side
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trinity
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Richey
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Northwest Oldsmar

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!