“eh so-so”
Review of LagerHeadz - CLOSED

LagerHeadz
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2012

wasn't the best experience ever. went there on a wednesday afternoon around 2:30-3. seemed like the waitress was running around and busy for no reason. she just needed to take a step back and calm down. looked like she was working the inside bar and the tables that were walking in. it really bugs me when restaurants don't want to put one server on and ALSO someone to work the bar. but anyway, i understand you can get overwhelmed and running around and busy, but there was about 3 people at the bar, 3 two tops, and a 15 top that was cashing out. i'm a waitress myself, so i gave her the benefit of the doubt. our food was really good. we got a doz. steamed oysters, cheeseburger sliders and a buff chix sandwich. she forgot about us a few times cuz she was running around so much, but oh well, just had to ask the manager a few times for somethings. she'll become a better waitress with time. :)

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Snookers must be known more for their bar than their food.

1  Thank Ali M
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We were looking forward to this place after having been told about it by friends. The fifty cent oysters and dollar drafts were eagerly anticipated.. We liked the covered Tiki Bar atmosphere and the deck. There is a huge statue of an Alligator and we sat right next to the pool where a bunch of small gators bask in the sun. Really great atmosphere.

Our bubble was quickly burst. I hope our visit was an isolated incident because we really wanted to like this place. One bartender gal was taking care of the outside, but on a Saturday mid afternoon, it wasn't crowded. We waited a long time for her to get to us, but hey, she was busy.
But the bad part was, we ordered the Craft Beer Special and it turned out to be hard cider and was a long time coming.. Oops, Oh well, not that big a deal. We asked for a menu, never got it, I finally went and found one. I had ordered a dozen oysters at the git go and after wondering if they were ever going to come, they did, and they were great, and a good deal at fifty cents each. I used that rare opportunity to order the dollar beer, but had to pry the info out of the barmaid that it even existed, even tho it's featured on the sign out front. By this time Rosie wanted out and refused to order a beer or any food.
The funny thing is, different servers kept coming out of the main restaurant bringing food, that the bartender gal delivered to the tables. I figured they must be really busy inside. At one point, a waiter came out and took orders from the table next to us. Finally she gets some help I thought, altho she didn't really need it. I motioned him over and he told me he'd be right back, then of course he was gone forever. It seems his job was to just take care of that one table. Rosie wanted to talk to a manager. We were invisible. This is the first time in decades I have not left a tip. This was a rare experience for us, to be so ignored in a not so busy place. On the way out, I opened the door to the main restaurant to check it out, and to my amazement the place was totally empty--no one at the bar, no one sitting at tables. Where were all these servers who kept bringing the food? It was like the twilight zone. We went to Capt Jack's down the road to get lunch, and altho they were really busy, the barmaid had my PBR in front of me me within thirty seconds of plopping my sorry butt down on the barstool and seemed genuinely happy we were there.. You win some, you lose some!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This fish place specializes in a variety of grouper and other well known fish dishes. It also boasts a wide ranging menu with fare for those wgo love contemporary American as well as Mexican type dishes. I had blackened grouper ($13.99) that came with one side & a salad while my wife had a stuffed enchilada ($10.99) that she described as heavenly. She also enjoyed a salad along with her stuffed enchilada. We didn't room for dessert but they do offer a variety of pies that are baked in a famous local bakery as well as ice cream & cake. Each dessert is reasonably priced at $2.99. Great food; great service...and... & the owner thanked us for coming in........a nice touch. We will definitely go back!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Local hangout. Greasy bar food. Way overrated for visitors to go out of their way.

1  Thank Bruce32454