“A seafood delight”
Review of Tarpon Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Tarpon Bar and Grill
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

I had a foodie event here with friends on Thursday night which is karaoke night. We had their home made bread that was incredible...then a fresh Greek salad... the tomatoes must have been home grown ... they were so good and it's hard to get great tomatoes and bread in Florida.
Their seafood is so fresh and tasty..we had all you can eat crab legs - awesome...fried gulf shrimp in a very light batter made just right - and fried haddock again in a very tasty light batter ...
the atmosphere is really nice...great service and reasonable!
We had so much fun listening to some very talented people ... the owners are very friendly ... its like being with family!

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Did not expect much from the outside, but inside very clean. I always look at the ceiling of a restaurant and this one was impeccable. Food was delicious and I was impressed. Good beer selection but wine limited. Had crab fish and shrimp which were all great. I'm usually too lazy for crab but tonight was different. Went through 4 or 5 clusters and all was excellent. Wasn't expecting karaoke but after the crab and wine I was singing along. Singing seemed to get progressively better as time and wine passed. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

The decor is a bit dated and from the outside it looks like a standard bar and grill, but the service is awesome, the prices are very reasonable, the menu is varied, and the food is tasty. Hubby gets the all you can eat crab. I have tried a few dishes and all have been good.

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

My son and daughter-in-law found this place Sunday and took us back with them on a Thursday. We had the all you can eat crab and shrimp. Our waitress Dawn kept them coming and was so attentive. The crab was some of the best we have had and the shrimp were nice size lightly coated and fried perfect. They have a large menu with a lot of choices. Our grandkids had hamburgers, fries and veggies and the portions were large. The Karaoke on a Thursday and Sunday night makes it a lot of fun!

1  Thank Nancy L
Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

Read my posts, I don't give horrible reviews unless you are truly over the line.
Do not eat here. My waitress was the nicest person in the world,and I took very good care of her. However,let me repeat myself, do not eat here.

We took our son and daughter in law to dinner here and my son and myself had the all you can eat crab. The crab tasted very fishy !!! I love crab and we were both looking forward to eating some crab. I spoke to the waitress and she brought out another plate.
Still fishy !!!!! Now the owner comes out and tells me the other crab smelled fishy but taste this crab,"It's better ". Now I just tasted two batches of bad crab and they want me to taste another batch!!!!! Well I did and guess what ??? It was rancid !!!!!
So now I ask for the check and take the check to the register and guess what ???
The owner charges me for the meals we did not eat !!!!!!!
Now you know the reason why I gave this restaurant ONE circle. I did tell the owner after he charged me how wrong he was for doing that. He then took $20.00 out of the register and waved it at me. I just walked out with out taking the money he truly needs to keep this lousy restaurant afloat.

AGAIN : DO NOT EAT HERE. !!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. When we got outside my wife told me that was the worst Chicken Slovakia she ever tasted. We have been living in Tarpon for 17 years. She knows Chicken Slovakia !!!!

DO NOT EAT HERE !!!!!!!!!