Ashley's Victorian Haven Bed And Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Tarpon Springs
See available hotels
Tarpon Inn(Tarpon Springs)
View Hotel
Tarpon Shores Inn(Tarpon Springs)
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Tarpon Springs)
Economy Inn(Holiday)
View Hotel
All reviewssponge docksb bfirst floorthe main housepinellas trailprivate cottagedownstairs suitegreat showerenjoyed our staythe perfect place to staywalking distanceother guestsmini vacationhistoric downtownbreakfast was deliciousvisiting tarpon springscomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is the second time that I have stayed in a bed and breakfast and now I realize it's just not my thing. I will attempt to keep my personal feelings to a minimum in this review to try to present a fair review.

The positives included a great wifi, a filling breakfast, easy access parking, good attention to cleanliness, strong water pressure in the shower, comfortable beds.

The negatives included having breakfast at a set time without any alternative times or food offered. The home is very Victorian with antiques, artwork and decorative items in every nook and cranny of the house. There was nowhere to sit in the downstairs living room due to being extremely crowded. The bedroom had a small love seat which was antique and not very comfortable. All the furniture is authentic Victorian scaled to the size people were in the early 1900s so if you were a bit large it didn't work well. I truly was not comfortable here due to worrying about breaking an antique or leaving a water ring on the furniture.

The walk to the sponge docks took 15-20 minutes. We walked home from there one night in the dark and I was a little fearful as the neighborhood appeared a bit sketchy. The walk to downtown took 10-15 minutes.

We enjoyed some incredible Greek food in Tarpon Springs at Hellas, the Plaka and Rusty Bellies. We did lots of shopping, visited Sunset Beach and took a cruise on the Anclote River.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wanderinggreek
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We recently stayed at this B&B to celebrate an anniversary. We stayed in the jewel box for just one night. It's a small outbuilding in the back of the property. We enjoyed our stay and the room had enough space for the two of us. Barbara is an excellent cook and breakfast was just great! We stayed longer than we planned during breakfast as we were enjoying talking with the other wonderful guests who stayed. Everyone else checked out before us and Barbara let me have a look at the other rooms in the main house and the back cottage. I love the old house. She works hard and does a great job and goes out of her way to be accommodating. Thanks so much again Barbara!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank errn413
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here two nights. Mid-March 2013 in the Cottage. we had lots of room, a good bed, a great shower, and a nice flat screen TV.
The breakfast, served family-style at 9 am was amazing. We had French toast, sausage and fresh strawberries, bananas, OJ, and coffee one day and quiche, bacon, cantaloupe, OJ and coffee the next day. But the fantastic thing is that both days there were ladies with gluten and or celiac intolerance. So both mornings, Barbara fixed a separate meal for these ladies.....to me, this was way beyond the call of duty.
So if you're wanting a special place to stay in Tarpon. Springs, call early so you wont be disappointed by missing out on this five star experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brahmama
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Several things about Ashley's are really good: Barbara is very friendly, helpful, and cooks excellent breakfasts. The location is right at the Pinellas Trail and I enjoyed long hikes. The Cottage where we stayed is very spacious. But the furniture in the Cottage is old and used and much closer to Goodwill store quality than antiques. Nothing matches and the layout of the space is really poor. The side table to the bed was so low the light was below the edge of the mattress, which made reading impossible. There was no heat in the bathroom and every night was in the 40s. Breakfasts were excellent but ONLY at 9 am. This can be late for some folks and was impossible on the day we left for North Carolina. Barbara offered no other food like toast or muffins or fruit to take with us. it was 9 am breakfast or nothing. The "Jewel Box" beside the Cottage is literally a rather small storage shed with a window and shower stall added. We did not see the rooms in the house and they may be great. But we will not return.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I just stayed for the weekend, mrs. barb was so awesome! She is a fabulous cook and breakfast was always right on time. My husband is picky about his coffee and he love her coffee in the morning! We will differently be back!
Thanks mrs barb for everything,
Priscella and Allen