“Where the locals go”

The Original Mama Maria's Greek Cuisine
Ranked #12 of 138 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family owned and operated since 1978. Our Mama "Mama Maria" still does the cooking. Truly were all the locals, Greek and Non-Greeks, come for fresh Greek and seafood specialties. Spacious main dining room seats 100. Full view open kitchen. Separate enclosed climate controlled patio for private parties of 40-60. Full bar and beer and wine available. Plenty of on-site free parking. Two blocks south of the historic Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs, Fl. Reservations for parties of 5 or more are highly recommended.
Arvada, Colorado
“Where the locals go”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Annie sent us...from the 1910 Inn...saying this is where the locals eat. We went on a Sunday evening, and that certainly seemed true. The food was good, and the saganaki delicious. Service was somewhat lackluster, but no real complaints. I'm not sure I'd choose this over the combination of food and atmosphere at Dimitris or Mykanos, but it is well worth visiting.

Atlanta, Georgia
“2.5 star Disappointing - Especially after reading the reviews”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Maybe it is just their lunches and the dinners are better, but, I found both the service to be poor and the food just average. I ordered the lunch special, which was a fish sandwich and salad (see photos) and found the sandwich and Greek salad to be "run of the mill". - nothing special. I added a side of fry and the bill came to a bit under $15. The service, when it came, was slow. I was basically left unattended until I went looking for the bill. I left 'Mama's' wishing it would have been better.

Wesley Chapel
“You can't go wrong here”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I usually find Saganaki (the famous flaming cheese) to be very salty and stringy. I enjoyed it here. The dolmades are great, the tzatziki (Sp?) is great and authentic, the lamb chops are wonderful, and so is the leg of lamb. My daughter loved the grilled octopus, my husband and other daughter liked the gyro's and my group enjoyed the Greek style shrimp. The Avgolemono soup was good, and two other members of our group loved the Greek salad. Service was polite and attentive. This is my new favorite place in Tarpon.

Dunedin, Florida
“Fantastic Greek Food”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

"The Original Mama Maria Maria's Greek Cuisine" is a mouthful to say but you'll want a mouthful of their food. True Greek dishes and wonderful seafood are our favorites. The service is pleasant, perhaps a little kinder to regulars than to tourists but that's okay. The atmosphere is standard casual. Don't confuse this establishment with "Mama's Greek" (although also good), this is the original and the best.

1 Thank NickHeckel
Creal Springs, Illinois
“Best Greek Food Ever”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place is great! the people are wonderful. The food is to DIE for. Love Love Love the greek salad Must get the potatoe salad stuff in the bottom Yumo! Don't forget to go buy cheese down the street at the OLD Greek grocery store. Oh my what a treat. Going back this June can't wait to see my greek friends. Sundays they have belly dancers they are great also

• Visited June 2012