“We love the food!”
Review of Zante Cafe Neo - CLOSED

Zante Cafe Neo
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chef/Owner Brad Sullivan, a New Orleans native delivers a menu that covers his tradition training of Cajun/Creole to the more refined French cuisine that he learned at L'Orangerie in Los Angeles! Fresh food served by a loving family in a very unusual, eclectic dining room! We are now in our 9th year of serving "Truly Great Food!"
Reviewed September 7, 2013

A unique dining experience, with the family running the restaurant, kids included. It's BYOB, which is a plus in my book, and the variety of foods is amazing. So is the décor. Don't be in a hurry, as all the food is prepared by Brad, and a guy can only do so much at one time. I liked the Moroccan chicken, and the crab cakes are awesome.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We Love the insanity of the décor. Like others we walked in thinking we were in the wrong place. The service is amazingly personal from their 12 year old son making sure we were seated and our drink orders were taken as soon as we sat down. To the customized menus for those who have reservations. We visited Zante's 3 times in one week because it was so fun. First night my husband enjoyed the place while I was in dance class and I met him. Then I went to do some work with my lap top. The third time was with our family who was visiting from NY. They are world travelers and loved it.

The two nights we went during the week was slow so we were able to have a more customized meal. The chef went out of his way to make us happy. Overall happy with all items selected from the warm goat cheese appetizer, Crab cakes made purely of succulent carb meat and paired with his homemade roulade sauce, the lamb was fork tender and scrupulous, onion soup was on point with a flavorful broth and tender onions, and dessert was just heavenly. Large portions.

Fun place to take the family and even a romantic nook. I compare the décor to the Bubble Room on Sanibel Island, but more of a home atmosphere. Don't just walk past, stop in for a fun, nostalgic and flavorful meal...Italian, Greek, and Cajun cuisine. This is a place to sit, relax, take in the scenes and Enjoy!!!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Yes, this place is crazy, stuff everywhere, kids serving, but the food is AMAZING! I think Brad recently slimmed down the menu, which is a good thing. The quality, presentation and flavors are unique and probably the best in the area. Plan on 2 hours start to finish...but you'll have plenty to look at between courses.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

When I first walked in, I thought I had walked into the wrong place - the first impression is that you stepped into some kind of odd second hand store. However, a young boy shouted over to us and asked how many for dinner. He then led us to a corner of the restaurant and told us to pick out our table - we choose one by the window.
The menu consists of Cajun, Greek, Creole, Italian and French cuisines - what a mix! Just as eclectic as the restaurant itself! I understand there is a single chef (one of the owners) and everything is prepared to order, so don't go if you are in a hurry! While we waited for our meal, we entertained ourselves by reading some of the books and materials lying around near the table. We were told to go ahead and help ourselves to anything and to wander around if we wanted! While we waited, the young man brought us tea - if you want wine, you have to bring your own.
I would recommend it - but I realize it won't be for everyone! The food was great and I will be going back!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I live in Southern California we have an abundance of culture and unique places to eat and yet I have not found anything that comes close to the flair and experience that Zante Café of Tarpon Springs, FL has to offer.

I once again made a trip to not only visit family in New Port Richey, but I once again made sure that I got my fill of Chef Brad’s labor of love; his unique cooking and flavors that my palate craves.

Coming into Zante Café is like climbing into your favorite Aunt’s attic and setting up for a tea party, minus the “dirty, filthy, disgusting”, as one reviewer has shared. I ran my fingers over tables and objects searching for the rain of dust and I failed to find it; kindly note that my recent visit was Friday May 17, 2013 for lunch.

This trip was extra special for me, I got to bring my fiancé who had only ever heard of Zante through my wonderful dining pleasures, his response to the whole visit was that there is no way to understand it, you have to experience it.

At this visit, we had Chef Brad’s version of bruschetta, once again the amazing garlic roll, I had the open top garlic chicken sandwich, my fiancé dived into the steak sandwich, my Dad had the ahi tuna and my Mom was literally almost mobbed for her chicken spanakopita with a Cajun sauce served with rice and veggies, yes folks that is for sure what I am ordering next time. We finished our visit with banana fosters, I am going to steal from my June 2012 yelp post to once again describe desert:

A plate of sweet vanilla ice cream and whipped cream placed in front of us. While Chef Brad made his way from the back prepared to entertain us with a grand shout of "Laissez les bons tempsrouler!!! (Let the good times roll!)" in southern twang. We were honored at his presence as fire danced from his skillet of bananas swimming in rum and brandy. Caramelized hot and poured over out plate of ice cream. Every spoonful of the chewy brandy rum banana pieces with cool vanilla ice cream made me fill like a child, giddy and giggly without a care in the world.

When you visit Zante Café, while you are waiting for your meal creation you are welcome to partake in the treasure hunt list. Ask for the list and see if you can spot one of the many items Liza (The Greek Side and the Lovely wife) has collected over the years to ingeniously decorate their second home with, yes, second home, eating at Zante Café is coming to the Sullivan Family home, you are not patrons you are guests.

I have dined at corporate restaurants and there was dust and dirty forks , eating in my own home there is dust, and I am a person that gets weird about bent prongs on a fork, coming in Zante Café is a pleasure and a highlight of my Florida visits, I have never felt that it was filthy or disgusting - oh and I saw them scrubbing the pots and dishes when I excitedly made my way to the kitchen to ask where they got the signed Aerosmith photo from, being that I love Aerosmith.

Come into Zante Café and let Brad make you lunch or even dinner, order a glass of ice tea and then get up and look at all the unique collectors’ items, from Aerosmith, to Led Zeppelin, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Dr. Who, Smurfs, Harry Potter, The Beetles, a cat tea pot, Halloween, Christmas and so much more. If there is not something at Zante that does do not remind you of something awesome in your life that makes you smile then you have not lived!

So stop reading this and GO! GO to experience Zante Cafe and please stay for the food.

You are welcome to see my post on Yelp and I plan to share this updated review there as well.

Thank you and Make Moments Matter.