Tripadvisor
Tarpon Springs
Post
Inbox
Search

“Food and Service Matched - Terrible”

Mama's Greek Cuisine
Ranked #22 of 160 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Come experience the rich Greek Culture of the Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks. Mama's provides the finest in authentic Greek cuisine, Live Greek Music, and Entertainment; including Belly Dancing! Mama's Greek Cuisine is where Where The Locals Meet to Eat!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We will not go back. The service was terrible and the food was worse. In fairness the server was grossly overworked and wasn't terribly experienced.Prices were not real cheap either. The French fries were mushy. We left over 1/2 of our food uneaten.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (905)

Reviewed January 19, 2020

We stopped for lunch and were not disappointed. My wife offered the Greek salad filled with peppers,Kalamata olives,lettuce and gyro meat topped with feta cheese. Superb! I offered the gyro special. I was not prepared for the size of the gigantic gyro. I took half home. Great meals for $11 and they included baklava for desert.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Paid our bill by credit card, when checking statement found the restaurant charged us an extra 5.00 for using it. Check your credit card statement after using it at this place...a big ripoff. Will never return!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

My wife and I went to Tarpon Springs yesterday for a Greek meal and we decided to try Mama's. It had a great looking menu, but the waitress persuaded us to try the two fish specials that weren't on the menu: snapper and grouper. My wife's snapper came grilled but smelled a little funny--liked they'd soaked it in something to preserve it instead of being fresh, so she left most of it. My grouper came smothered in tomato sauce and the accompanying peas were soaked in a kind of catsup sauce. I thought it was so..so until I found myself sick the entire 1-1/2 hour trip home. (I had to make two emergency stops). Perhaps the gyros, lamb dishes, moussaka and other menu items are excellent, but I don't advise you to try their fish specials.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

The most rude obnoxious servers that we ever encountered!! Terrible service, tables served that came after us... and we were ready to order. No water brought to our table, short cutlery for one in our group..when asked for more the server said give her a minute, never saw her after. Stay away unless you want to be treated like pig!!