“I was surprised”

Mama's Greek Cuisine
Ranked #10 of 139 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come experience the rich Greek Culture of the Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks. Mama's provides the finest in authentic Greek cuisine, Live Greek Music, and Entertainment; including Belly Dancing! Mama's Greek Cuisine is where Where The Locals Meet to Eat!
Scarborough, ME
“I was surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

With so many places to choose from I didn't think this would be my favorite, but it was by far. A young lady at an out of the way sponge shop suggested Mamas. I had seen it earlier in the day but it looked like a bar not a restauraunt. At her suggestion we arrived to meet our waitress Georgia. She gently guided us through the meal selections and we found her fun, efficient, and genuinely glad we were there.

We started with the fried cheese (gratis with 2 entrees usually $8) good bread and Greek lemon soups. All excellent.

Calamari was tender and not rubbery. Mussels over pasta got rave reviews from my dining partner as did the whole experience. The view of Athens street made me feel like I was in a cross between Havana and Greece. It was actually better than a water view for me.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gary65

Palm Harbor, Florida
“Authentic Greek No Frills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

If you’re looking for good Greek food, then look no further. This is the only place to go in Tarpon Springs for serious authentic Greek food without the frills, at very reasonable prices. The spanakopita (Spinach pie) is flavorful with a flaky phyllo dough pastry shell. The Greek salad: creamy potato salad, feta, olives… the works, and a hefty portion. They usually offer specials in addition to their regular menu. The stuffed eggplant is one of my favorites filled with a savory meat sauce baked in an eggplant, served with peeled potatoes, drizzled with olive oil and baked to perfection. The Dolmades were somewhat bland, and the Mousaka was a disappointment. Instead of layers of meat, potatoes, and eggplant, it was all mixed together with a layer of custard poured over top. The Chicken Souvlaki, and Gyro platters were excellent with plenty to share or take home. This place gets crowded, and there’s never enough parking spaces, but if I’m lucky enough to find one, this is always my “go to” restaurant with family and friends.

• Visited April 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“Favorite Place to Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Every time we visit family in Florida we make a trip to Tarpon and we know where we're going for lunch. Every time I go everything is just how I like it and the portions are big enough to take some home! I can't imagine a visit with out going to Mama's.

• Visited May 2012
Vandalia, Michigan
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great food choices, good service. Went at lunch, no reservations with a large party and were out in just over an hour. Try it - you'll like it!

Visited April 2013
Merritt Island, Florida
“A great place to dine at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Everyone in our party of five had something different and each person enjoyed what they were served. The service was outstanding. The total bill for five adults was under $65 and included 6 adult beverages and two soft drinks with refills.

Visited April 2013