“Can't Resist the Chiles Poblanos”
Review of Los Mexicanos

Los Mexicanos
Ranked #78 of 141 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Los Mexicanos is only a couple of miles from us, so we go pretty often. Although we've tried a number of dishes, we keep going back to Chiles Poblanos, which are superb. I've never had better, even in Mexico and California/Arizona restaurants. The service is very good, and the two-for-one margaritas are very fine. The atmosphere is O.K. if you are sitting at a booth, for instance, where you don't have to look at the hideous, bright yellow stucco with smears of red all over. I just close my eyes to it and enjoy the great flavors.

1  Thank Richard M

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I live about 15 miles away but still pilgrimage to this place about once a month when I need my Mexican fix. They offer a standard menu, nothing fancy, but they seem to everything a lot better than the big corporate chains.

Try the Chorizo Fundito appetizer; it's enough for 2-4 people to roll up in hot tortillas and it's delicious. They also do a great job with tacos and enchiladas. We're usually always there for twofer marguaritas and they are excellent as well.

The service has always been friendly and attentive. The restaurant is quite large and never seems to be very crowded. I do hope enough people will give them a try. They don't have the big marketing campaigns like the chains so I hope they stay in business.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

the food was so salty I couldn't eat much....Had to go back to the hotel to take an alka-seltzer....

Reviewed August 9, 2012

They have a very good wait staff and the food is very consistent. The white cheese sauce has little pieces of jalapenos so it is not just plain.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I LOVE this place for their Fajita combination platter. When I say platter, I MEAN PLATTER!! The menu says its for two, but we've had it with our daughter there and we still can't finish the whole thing. The combination includes steak, shrimp, chicken and LOTS of seasoned onions and peppers. This skillet comes sizzling to your table and you can't wait to dig in, the aroma is so good. This large, delicious meal is about $22, but we always take home plenty, so it's worth it. The menu has all the usual Mexican dishes and we've tried a few other dishes but always come back to the fajitas. They have happy hour until 7pm and their margaritas are alright, but that's the usual for happy hour. The staff is always friendly and efficient. I would definetly recommend this restaurant.