Tripadvisor
Tarpon Springs
Post
Inbox
Search

“Just over it, go somewhere else”
Review of Cody's Roadhouse

Cody's Roadhouse
Order Online
Ranked #21 of 180 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

ive been coming to this location off and on for over 10 years. The level of service and quality of food has dropped tremendously. I'm actually sitting at the table while i write this. I waited 25 min from the time i placed my order until i got my food which wouldve been fine except my food was cold. awful and cold. my boyfriends mashed potatoes were loaded but they didnt even bother to melt the cheese on top. before getting our table tonight we sat at the bar for over 20 min and didnt get a drink. super poor service. everything sucks here. save your money and go to McDonald's.

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank Melrichardsonxo
Write a reviewReviews (382)

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

I have been a near-everyday customer of this restaurant for about 7 years. I have seen staff and ownership come and go.
On Saturday evening, I was in with my 13 year old daughter. I ordered a steak and a drink. While the steak wasn’t very good, my server was attentive and the visit was mostly without incident. Upon settling the bill, I noticed I had been charged for an extra beverage. Not a big deal I thought, and the server explained how she made the error.
Some time passed while I waited to have the drink removed. The restaurant was busy. I looked up to see the manager in a discussion regarding the mistake on my bill. I then see that manager waiting at the bar to verify if the drink total was in fact accurate.
Now, as I mentioned at the beginning of this comment, I come in this restaurant 4-5 times a week. For seven years now. Never once have I ever been given free food, free drinks, anything free. The owner charges 39 cents if you ask for extra bread. I assure you nothing has been free. I do not expect free. I expect to be treated with respect as a customer. Finally, having waited for this simple drink to be removed from the tab long enough, I approach the bar to ask what the issue was. After verifying that the manager was in fact questioning whether I was trying to get out of paying for a drink I was served, I was livid.
This is the kind of behavior that I have written comments about before. This is behavior I have contacted corporate in the past about.
There are many other comments on this site that detail the issues at this location. While the food is generally good, the climate and atmosphere is toxic. You can feel it when you are onsite. Corporate is aware of the problems and yet sends no one to the location to investigate. But, at least they got to the bottom of that sneaky extra drink that wound up on my bill. Ridiculous!

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank itsGREGSWORLD
Reviewed December 10, 2019

I came here to celebrate my grand daughters birthday. We all ordered the sirloin steaks. The salad was a bowl of soggy mushy lettuce with a few unripe tomatoes with way too much dressing. My daughter and grand daughters steaks were just okay at best. Mine ordered medium rare was a strange little ball of meat that resembled a charred octopus...it was an over cooked inedible ball of gristle. I just left it on the plate and ate the sweet potato.The overall service was below average. I don't complain and send bad food back...I just don't come back!!! There are too many other good restaurants in the area to waste time here!!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank MVCB19
Reviewed November 30, 2019

I hope the new owners read my review -- because my wife and I have been regulars at the Tarpon Springs location for close to 15 years. From the get-go -- Cody's was one of our 'go-to places' -- and we became regulars at the bar -- at least twice a week. Food was always spot on -- prices very fair -- and drinks always 2 for 1. It was a marriage made in heaven. And......we've brought tons of guests there......and no one has ever complained about dinner at Cody's!! UNTIL NOW. Our last 2 visits were -- to say the least -- less than stellar. Last week my steak was full of grizzle and tuff. (It was a filet.) Never had one like this in 15 years -- so I chalked it up to "it can happen." Wife had the roasted chicken -- and we think they forgot to "roast it." Again......"it can happen." OK.......today we sat at the bar......and both ordered "bar specials." My wife had their famous "bar burger" -- and it looked nothing like the previous 100 bar burgers we've had there. Smaller and WAY overcooked. I had the pulled pork sandwich. When served -- I took one look at it -- showed it to my wife -- and said "I'm not eating this." Showed it to the bartender -- and she said "this looks horrible" -- and withour even asking if I wanted another -- took it directly to the kitchen for replacement. The manager (Liz) brought a replacement in 5 minutes and apologized for the "glowing mistake." Second sandwich looked 1000% better. I could go on and on --- about the rotating wait staff and bartenders -- but I'll save that for another time. This review is intended for the new owners to read & heed -- before biz isn't around anymore.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank tennisplayer823
Reviewed November 24, 2019 via mobile

We took my father and his girlfriend to Cody’s for his 85th birthday. The 1/2 order of onion rings as an appetizer were delicious! The salad was good except for too many peppers in it which permeated throughout the salad which made it hot. My father and I both had the ribs which were terrific, fell off the bone and not too much bbq sauce. His girlfriend had the chicken fried chicken which was very good and my husband had the country fried steak. He couldn’t eat the rest of it because he said it had a funny taste. Both my dads friend and my husband had the mashed taters with gravy. Both were not very good. The gravy was bland and the taters had too much garlic. I was disappointed that our waitress didn’t bring my father a birthday dessert like they used to, especially since she was aware that it was his 85th. Unless of course, if they stopped doing it, I don’t know.

Date of visit: November 2019

Been to Cody's Roadhouse? Share your experiences!