“Beer and Testosterone”

Dining options: Late Night
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Beer and Testosterone”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We where excited to have a new drinking spot in Tarpon so we gave it a shot. On our first trip there we tried the food, and it was not to shabby bar fare! The service was terrible, but thankfully they had a nice beer selection. The have live music, both times we where there the music was a hard rock band the belonged in new port richey not Tarpon. All in all it has a very macho crowd of beefed up affliction wearing guys, not the best service, and good beers! I have not ruled it out completly but think they need to get some better bands and work on getting a better clientel....FYI better bands bring better crowds!

• Visited March 2013

Ozona, Florida
“Terrible”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place has had several owners in the last few years, but no one seems to last. I doubt the new group will, either. We stopped in yesterday afternoon after touring the Tarpon Springs Art Show to check it out, and the results weren't pretty. The Tap House does offer a variety of craft beers, so I ordered one of my favorites, one I was familiar with. When the waitress brought it I sampled it and immediately knew it was not the beer I ordered. When I pointed this out to the waitress she shrugged her shoulders and walked away. I ordered some nachos, and made a point to order them without sour cream, but when they arrived there was a huge mound of sour cream on them. This time the waitress replaced them, but with a soggy, cold order. I like to frequent local places, but these guys don't seem to know how to run a restaurant or hire competent help. Never again......

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank JEMcBee
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Part sports bar-part grill”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Located between downtown Tarpon and the Sponge Dock the location had had several owners and names. The new owners have redone the decor and opened the from to outdoor dining. However it is just a few feet off the road which carries almost 20,000 cars and noisy trucks a day. It is quieter in the evenings and weekends busy not for a week day lunch. The outdoor dining area has coin operated pool tables taking up 1/3rd of the space and big screen TVs. The food was a mixed bag. The menu is extensive with lots of typical bar food like wraps, burgers, salads, soups, and 21 "starters". We tried the calamari and the large portion was smaller than the small portions we have had at places on the Sponge Docks. It was lightly crusted but chewy.

On the bright side the pulled pork sliders with cheese and crisp onion straws was tasty and actually a full meal with the slightly spiced fries. The wings while billed as hot were actually nicely spiced for flavor but not the tongue burning stuff. About two dozen craft beers were listed and along with the bar food this might be more of a meet-up place that a great place to eat.

• Visited March 2013