“Great date night!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Newly Reopened where Crabby Bill's was located
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I having our sail boat at one of the local marinas decided to eat at one of the local eateries, we decided on Ballyhoo the original grill. Great food and music a great local hang out, and not no tourist trap. Our waitress was outstanding, if you are in Tarpon please stop by this place and meet the locals.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Six family members went to Tarpon Springs for dinner, only to find most businesses temporarily closed the day after Labor Day. A local seafood market operator suggested we try Bally Hoo Grill, where he said the seafood would be fresh. Bally Hoo was open and busy, and the 2-sor-1 Happy Hour was a nice bonus. We each had different entrees and the seafood tasted very fresh. I had the Cajun grilled tilapia with mixed veggies and red onion string fries. This was one of the best seafood meals I’ve had in a long time. We were all pleased with our selections. The cheery waitress, pleasant atmosphere and great food made this a special dinner. Bally Hoo even has neat souvenir t-shirts.

1  Thank Henry A
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and some friends ate here with me. The food was "average". This restaurant has been 3 different places (names) in five years. I really liked it better when it was "Crabby Bill's", but that's just my opinion. There are too many local options for this restaurant not to "up" it's game with food quality.

1  Thank Tom D
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went to Ballyhoo both nights we were in Tarpon Springs, something we try not to do but the first night it was sooo good we had to return. Both nights our server was Jessica and she is great. Very friendly and well informed. We had 6 different items and each was well prepared using fresh ingredients and quite well portioned. We particularly liked the Greek Burger and the Mussels. Or was it the Salmon reuben? We will definitely be back any time we are in the area.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

When you walk into the restaurant and your "usual" is on the table before you sit down, I guess that makes you a regular, and so we are. OK, that is a slight exaggeration. We're usually at a high top in the bar or out on the deck but no matter where we have been seated EVERYTHING has been excellent. The hostess, the servers, the chef, the staff and of course, the food and drink. I'm a martini guy so that naturally makes me rather picky. They have always been exactly as ordered. We have taken three other couples with us on three different occasions and they have all agreed with us. We haven't tried everything on the menu but we have sampled many dishes and we have had no complaints. If you go to Ballyhoo's and something is not to your liking, I suggest you mention it to your server and I feel confident it will be prepared beyond your satisfaction. The Happy Hour is the best deal in Tarpon Springs and if you are a cat person there is a bonus out on the deck to the right of the bar. Thanks to the entire staff at Ballyhoos!

1  Thank Magicman1000