“C&A”

Tarpon Tavern
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Florida's Newest Old World Pub. 30 Craft Beer Taps, Wine Bar, Lunch & Dinner, Live Music. Casual dining in a relaxed but sophisticated indoor and covered outdoor setting.
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great Fish and Chips, Staff very friendly, Excellent Service, by waitress and waiter. Will visit again on our next trip.

1  Thank CAVC0812

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I ate here yesterday,and I just have to say this was the best food and service we`'ve had in a while! As soon as we walked in we were greeted by our sever a sweet,bubbly and very attentive woman named Cindi,we were seated immediately and our server was very knowledgeable when it came to our questions about food and the types of beer and wine they serve. Our food came out right on time with out any mistakes!Our sever never let our glasses get empty and was very attentive.I would have to say this was our best dinning experience in Florida and as snow birds we do a lot of dining out! :) My husband and I would highly recommend Tarpon Tavern as a fun place to go with impeccable service,delicious food and nice cold drinks!!!!

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I would not go back to this restaurant. We waited for our food for over 1 hour!! It was not worth it when it finally did arrive. The waitress made an excuse that there was a big group ahead of us but yet we saw several tables who were served by another waiter that ordered, ate, and left! Poor service!!! Don't waste your time!

3  Thank Ultaj
dan j, Owner at Tarpon Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Hi Ultaj

My name is Dan Jenkin. I am the owner of the Tarpon Tavern and feel so sorry for your recent dining experience. I love to eat out and try new places all the time and am always so disappointed when I have a bad experience. We are a top rated restaurant and we want to keep it that way. We certainly didn’t do it last night for you.

Fortunately but unfortunately we were very busy with several large tables that did not call in advance. Although we love the brisk business the large unreserved tables bring in they threw us off our game a little, especially when they all wanted separate checks.

All of us at the Tavern look to make your time here an exceptional one from the service to the atmosphere to the food and beverage. I would love the opportunity to treat you and your guest to dinner on me so that we can redeem ourselves. Would you be kind enough to take me up on the offer? If you are interested please email me at TarponTavern@gmail.com or call my cell at 727-946-5610. I am sorry I missed you last night but I had oral surgery and I am recovering – so if you do call please forgive my slurring (I’m not a big drinker - just recovering from surgery. I hope all is well and look forward to the opportunity to meet you and make your next experience one to remember for all the right reasons.

Thank you again for your comments. Although I love to hear the good reviews, it is the bad ones that I really need to know about and fix. You have done me a big favor and I sincerely appreciate the time you took to write the review.

Dan Jenkin
Owner, Tarpon Tavern
727-946-5610

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Nice clean place with covered patio seating for friends and family. Great selection of wines &30 beer taps available to pick from.Arrive early to get closer since parking is a little tight.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Second time at Tarpon Tavern and it continues to be the best place for lunch. Awesome service. Awesome food. Thanks for an enjoyable afternoon.