“BEST OF THE BEST!!!”

Tarpon Tavern
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Florida's Newest Old World Pub. 30 Craft Beer Taps, Wine Bar, Lunch & Dinner, Live Music. Casual dining in a relaxed but sophisticated indoor and covered outdoor setting.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is a Tavern that makes you feel right at home! The food is outstanding, the staff feels like family after you have been there a while and I can't say enough about the place!

3  Thank Jean C
There are newer reviews for Tarpon Tavern

Reviewed March 7, 2013

visited the tavern after seeing an article in a local paper, as a European this tavern is as near you'll get to our local pubs.
I arrived and was greated by a very friendly lady who was working with the food staff, there were no seats and she pointed me where to stand and helped me get a Guinness beer, I took that for safety as I did not identify another know ale. When a seat came available she pointed me to it, all I can add here is she is a valuable member of staff. Once seated I asked for the ale list, IPa, real Ale, % content unbelievable, worth a visit to read that alone, 10.5% beer........similar to drinking a bottle of wine. Glass sizes related to %, for safety, good call. Never had food but spoke to several customers and they recommended I
eat there in the future. Will definitely return, small, quaint and very friendly. TOPS.

1  Thank John R
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Waiter was very knowledgeable about local beers, brought us a complimentary flight to test. Tried the tuna fish flat bread special, it was very original and tasty. Outside seating is very pleasant with good view of the Pinellas trail.

1  Thank Christine P
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Near the old train station and away from the tourist traps the Tarpon Tavern is a gem pub restaurant; bousting a varied selection of beers on tap and very diverse menu.The waiter was very helpful and made recommendations. I enjoyed the grouper ruben sandwich while my wife feasted on muscles. An addded plus is that the outside patio is pet friendly. Looking forward to returning with friends.

3  Thank maybear
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stopped here to have a drink. We choose outside seating. After looking over the menu we decided to try it. What a surprise. The food was really good. The service was really great. They really did a great job. Plenty of parking and a great location to check out down town Tarpon Springs.

2  Thank soupsrus