“Very good, clean and pleasant hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs

Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tarpon Springs
Florida
“Very good, clean and pleasant hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

Stayed there for a weekend and enjoyed it. Breakfast was very nice, rooms were clean and spacious. The indoor pool was nice as well. Had a nice time and would definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trouble_lts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Louisville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

Cannot find a bad thing to say about this place. Comfortable bed, clean room, soft towels, pleasant staff and generous complimentary breakfast. I

• Stayed December 2009
2 Thank Kdbweck
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2009

I thought this would be just another roadside motel, but it is a cut above. The furniture and bathroom was up to date, and the whole place looked and smelled clean. We weren't even bothered by road noise. I didn't like the beds, though. They were very hard, and so high I had to hop up onto it.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Jupiter, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

My wife and I drove over to Tarpon Springs for a little weekend trip from Jupiter, FL It had been 20 years since we had visited this area. We wanted to see the Greek sponge docks again and to taste some good Greek food. We loved the Platka restaurant. The hotel is about 3 miles away from the docks and located on a big highway. I reserved a king suite and it overlooked an air shaft. We asked for a different room and took a queen double. This room was very dated and the mattress was very hard. I usually love the mattress at Hampton Inns. The room was clean except for some strange spots on the white comforter. Cookies were cold. Staff was very indifferent. Not sure if there is a good place to stay in Tarpon Springs.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2008

My daughter and I, both Floridians, met for a little R&R and had a wonderful time at this hotel. I arrived first, went to the room and immediately started catching up on e-mails, etc. After about an hour or more my neighbors arrived and as this room had an adjoining room door I found it to be rather noisy. My neighbors obviously thought the door which would have opened up in to my accommodation was the closet and after many tries gave up trying to open it. It was then then that I noticed I could hear them talking, shutting the drapes, etc. I immediately went to the front desk and asked if I could be moved to a room without an adjoining room and was given a new key without any questions, moved my things to a perfect room and had a wonderfully quiet stay. The beds were very comfortable and the room spotless, the pool area was quite nice with very comfortable chaise lounges and tables with umbrellas. All of the public areas were quite nice (however quite cold) and we found the breakfast to be quite nice. They offered cold cereal, bagels, muffins, toast, biscuits and gravy, eggs, yogurt, fresh cut up fruit, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc. A nice variety for one and all plus you could eat outside if so desired. Our primary focus for one day was the Sponge Docks and this hotel is quite close (not walking distance though)...we will stay here again

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank Gringo1
Salisbury, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

This hotel maintains the Hilton tradition of providing a clean and comfortable place to stay. Upon arrival, the staff was warm, friendly and courteous.

I agree with one reviewer about the cookies, they don't appear until about 6:00pm and once they're gone, they're gone, so go down early. I didn't find them to be cold and hard however. The beds are perhaps the most comfortable I've ever slept in at a hotel. One nice touch at this hotel is the use of the traditional 'christian style' doors on all the rooms and most of the entry ways. I was amazed by how clean and quiet the stairways are in this hotel. Our room was next to a stairway and we never heard the door shut like in many hotels. The wood trim throughout this hotel is gorgeous. When riding the elevators, somehow manage to ride in both of them to see the entire 'message'. Coffee is available 24 hrs, but is usually cooled considerably be late evening. The coffee was quite good though. Breakfast was very good. As a reviewer noted, the area was very clean, well organized and stocked. The fruit seemed to be fresh, not previously frozen. They have apples and bananas available at all times. I enjoyed slicing a fresh banana on top of my fruit cup. If you plan to use the guest laundry, that too was squeaky clean like most every aspect of this hotel.

All in all, my wife and I had a wonderful stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to travelers staying near the Clearwater / Tarpon Springs / Holiday areas.

• Liked — Cleanliness of the hotel
  • Disliked — Cookies disappeared too early
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2008

My wife and I stayed here two nights on points we had earned on the Hilton Honors program by staying at a number of Hampton Inns around the country. Sorry to report that this one fell short of expectations.

On the down side, we found most of the hotel staff apathetic and aloof compared to staff we have encountered at other Hampton Inns. Hampton’s signature “complimentary cookies” were cold and only set out after 5:00 pm. The front desk clerks (2) seemed to enjoy advising us that we didn’t qualify for an “upgrade” to a room with a king bed because we were only “silver” Honors members. One of the side doors by the pool had a broken card reader which prevented entry and when my wife informed the front desk, the clerk appeared disinterested and bothered. Housekeeping failed to replenish some necessary bathroom items and coffee. On my way out to my truck at 1:00 AM on the second night, I discovered the night manager banging on the front door to let him in as he had locked himself out of the hotel.

On the upside, the bed was clean and comfortable both nights and the complimentary breakfast was well-presented and well-stocked. The breakfast attendant was courteous and helpful, even to the point of offering to go in the back for items not on the breakfast line (in my case, sausage gravy for my biscuit.) The food itself was fresh and tasty and there was plenty of it.

All things considered, not a terrible stay for free if you have points to burn, but definitely not recommendable to those having to pay retail.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Apathetic Staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trinity
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey
BEST WESTERN PLUS Yacht Harbor Inn

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs? Share your experiences!